General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Seeing where you've been on the boards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 5 Nov 2003 12:27

Message boards I've used on other sites show messages you've read in a different colour to those you haven't. So when you come back to a board you can easily see which ones are new. This can save a lot of time - especially when boards move as fast as they seem to on here. Is it worth asking GC to do this ?? What do other people think ??

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Nov 2003 13:02

Ann - good idea:)) Jude

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 5 Nov 2003 13:38

Very good idea. It would save a lot of time and time saved is time for researching! Kathy

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Nov 2003 14:12

brilliant idea ann!! susie

John

John Report 6 Nov 2003 06:47

This happens everytime to your own messages - just like your name is in black to you but green to me.

Brenda

Brenda Report 6 Nov 2003 07:48

I agree with the others

Ann

Ann Report 6 Nov 2003 11:05

I emailed GC with this request. Got a friendly, but I guess standard reply saying that: "Your comments have been noted and will be passed onto our development team to take into account for future site enhancements". So we might see this at some stage. From what I've read on these boards GC seem to be pretty good at listening to what people want. Ann