General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Daft Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 8 Nov 2003 22:59

Hi, Someone had a family tree with Herbert Daft 1849 Horncastle in it but removed it before I could contact them. I have been searching for what happened to Herbert as he is an ancestor of mine and disappeared from the census in Leeds after the 1861. Anyone who knows who posted the original family tree please could you ask them to e-mail me as I have more info. for the Daft line to swap. Chris At chris(Underscore)Clarkson at cdsc dot demon dot co dot uk

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Nov 2003 17:47

Nudge

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 9 Nov 2003 20:49

eh ?

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 10 Nov 2003 00:07

Hi Chris, When I typed Herbert Daft into the search at the top of the page it brought up 2 Herbert Dafts. I clicked on the envelope, one of them is Christopher, who I presume is you, the other one is Janet. Try e-mailing her, she just might be the person that you are looking for. If you just type Daft into the search it brings up 84 names for you to look through. I did a search on 1891 the other day for someone looking for a family called Daft, but couldn't find them. Unfortunately I can't remember who I was doing the look up for!

Carol

Carol Report 10 Nov 2003 10:44

Chrisopher, the nudge was someone taking your message to the top for later users, in case it dropped off the bottom of the page.

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 10 Nov 2003 22:28

nudge

Janet

Janet Report 13 Nov 2003 15:00

Just wondering if you've found your contact yet?

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 13 Nov 2003 21:20

No

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 15 Nov 2003 22:22

nudge

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 21 Nov 2003 21:57

nudge

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 25 Nov 2003 21:39

Nudge

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 26 Nov 2003 21:50

Chris, If you post a reply on here, then delete it, your message will still stay at the top of the list. Try it, it works!! Maggy

Jill

Jill Report 28 Nov 2003 10:51

Hi Christopher, I also have Daft in my Family Tree from Horncastle in that time but havent got a Herbert Daft but do have many branches without children, Eliza Daft married John Gaunt 1834 in Haltham Lincs her parents were Joseph Daft and Rebecca nee Meanwell, I look forward to hearing from you. I havent put any of my Tree online as yet...

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 5 Dec 2003 20:15

nudge

Chrisopher

Chrisopher Report 22 Dec 2003 23:51

nudge

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Dec 2003 01:57

Hi Christopher, A bit off the subject, but I was looking through some web sites I'd noted but hadn't looked into, and I came across a long list of marriages and there were a lot of Dafts, Daftes, and Deftes, marriages. You've probably already found the site, but in case not, it's http://freepages(.)genealogy(.)rootsweb(.)com/~framland/par/Hiprindex(.)htm The parish was Hickling. Happy Christmas. Di.