General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NBI help me please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Nov 2003 12:11

ive just recieved the national burial index.ive inserted the disc but as there isnt any instructions i dont know what to do next.nothing appears on my monitor!!! im beginning to realise that i really am thick...lol can anybody help susie

Brenda

Brenda Report 12 Nov 2003 12:14

Hi Susan I haven't a clue how to help ,but don't go thinking that you are thick,'cos you arn't.You are as good as the rest of us,Love Brenda

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Nov 2003 12:16

thanx brenda friends for ever...lol i wish they would give instructions with things these days cos we arent all puter boffs!! susie

Heather

Heather Report 12 Nov 2003 12:45

Sue if you go to your start button, click on that, and go to "run" then type in d:\ (if d is your cd drive) this should then bring up all the files that are on the cd, there should be a set up folder and a readme file - you should then be able to double click on the relevant icon and it should then load hope this helps hevi

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Nov 2003 12:50

thanx hevi youre great!! done it.just hope it was worth the money...lol susie

Heather

Heather Report 13 Nov 2003 12:18

Hi Glad it worked - have fun hevi