General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"Christmas" gathering: North East

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 13 Nov 2003 22:49

Does anyone want to meet in Feb /March for a "Christmas" gathering with a difference?! Leave a message if you're interested. :O)

Andy

Andy Report 13 Nov 2003 23:09

At the moment, I've no idea whether I'll still be living up in the north east come Feb/Mar, as I'm on standby to relocate to wherever I can find work, but I'll register my interest for now and play it by ear.

Anna

Anna Report 13 Nov 2003 23:13

I will comehopefully, if it is organised enough in advance,I can arrange it to coincide with a trip to Sunderland to see the rellies :-) Anna

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 14 Nov 2003 12:03

Hi John I am meeting up after the New year with some one from GC, she is coming up north to do research so will ask her if she fancies meeting up come on you people from the North Ann,Darlington

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2003 07:54

me too me too

Andy

Andy Report 30 Nov 2003 17:31

thought I'd give this a hefty push. There must be more people who'd be interested, surely! Since, I posted my last message, I ought to be in the area still if/when we do arrange something, having just secured a job here.

Peter

Peter Report 2 Dec 2003 21:33

Hello, if you folk don't mind a Newbie I'll come, depending on finances, (I am on the Dole at present :-( ). Warning however, I may try picking brains :-) All the best Peter

Michele

Michele Report 2 Dec 2003 21:57

Depends on when it is but I may be able to combine it with a visit to my sister in North Yorkshire. Let me know date and place. michele

Michele

Michele Report 7 Dec 2003 01:21

nudge still interested

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 7 Dec 2003 07:35

i would be interested depending on how far north it is i live in the midlands lou

John

John Report 7 Dec 2003 09:05

What about in Leicester Forest East Lou?!

Andy

Andy Report 7 Dec 2003 12:56

York could be a good venue. York is easy to reach, being on the east coast main line and is one of my favourite cities. Hence, it could be attractive to those from further north as well as those in the Midlands and also the North West. Truth be told though, I'm not too bothered where it is held, I just need to know when it's going to be as soon as possible, so I can take a day's holiday (I work any 5 days out of 7).

John

John Report 7 Dec 2003 15:42

Even though I started this thread, I'm probably moving back to the Midlands before Christmas - I can't organise it! Sorry!! Of course, I won't delete this thread.

John

John Report 7 Dec 2003 16:01

Near Nuneaton - Warwickshire or nearby Leicestershire. I work in Nuneaton and various schools around Warwickshire.