General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Question about Contacts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peggy

Peggy Report 14 Nov 2003 14:51

If I ever do get a contact, & don't get an e-mail about it (as many people have reported happens), can someone please tell me what I will see in the "Your Contacts" window? Will the entire message be there, or just a notice that I've been contacted by Jane Doe and should click on the name or on an envelope icon to reply? I've been doing my internet research through Rootsweb for years (and have heard from a number of distant cousins), but I'm still trying to figure out this system.

BrianW

BrianW Report 14 Nov 2003 15:05

There is a button to "See contents of original message" which shows the whole message.

Peggy

Peggy Report 14 Nov 2003 16:38

Thank you, Brian!