General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where to look?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Nov 2003 10:43

hi everyone if someone moved in march of this year to a different area when would they show up on the electrol roll? does anyone know of another way to trace someone from address to address? this last uncle is proving to be very difficult to find. hoping someone can help with thanks tina xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Nov 2003 11:12

Tina, You could try the removal companies in the area he was at? Or if he owned his house there would be legal docs re the sale. Solicitors would have been involved. As his niece who has lost touch you may be able to winkle the info out of them. Good luck. Jim

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Nov 2003 11:28

thanks jim i'll try that im also going to try what georgina suggested, i'll let you know how i get on tina xx

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Nov 2003 11:49

his name's edward williams last known address 5 months ago was moore park ave blackpool,i belive he went to manchester thanks for your help tina xx

Zoe

Zoe Report 15 Nov 2003 19:59

Tina It may be worth while posting a letter to him at the address you have. When I moved last year I arranged for all my mail to be sent on to me at my new address with the post office. Or the new occupant may have an address or be able to pass it on through a neighbour he knew. Zoe

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Nov 2003 21:23

zoe and everyone thanks for your help, i sent of a letter this morning as his daughter has been picking up his mail but not been in a long while,so fingers crossed tina xx