General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone thought they were related to someone famous

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 16 Nov 2003 10:29

I went to an old Aunty's funeral and, while talking to my cousin's found out that--my Paternal Uncle has alway's thought that we were distantly related to Captian Cook --don't laugh. I found his site on the web and found two names which are on my tree, I mailed the contact who sent my mail to Australia to the man who had researched Captain Cook's tree. I have just had the answer that I am related to this man in Australia but not directly to Captain Cook so I am soooooo disappointed. Regards Ann,Darlington

Carol

Carol Report 16 Nov 2003 12:12

Maybe not Captain Cook, but you have found another person you are related to.

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 16 Nov 2003 19:27

Thanks Carol I have at least found family in Australia called Fleck who i am connected to and they are related to C Cook, the connection was before Cook/Fleck family connection it is all complicated isn't it so does that make me an in-law??? Ann,Darlington

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 18 Nov 2003 12:44

nudge

BrianW

BrianW Report 18 Nov 2003 14:15

My mother was convinced that there was a connection to Lady Hamilton on her side, but all I've got so far is poor Kentish agricultural labourers.