General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how many from Solihull

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 16 Nov 2003 20:37

After discovering that I attended school with the grandson of another gc member. I'd be interested to know who else has connections with Solihull. George

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Nov 2003 20:45

George Dave's aunt was from Solihull, Park Avenue. I also have Birch ancestors from Solihull and Shirley over the last 200 years. Margaret

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 16 Nov 2003 21:04

We moved to the area 12 years ago but my daughter attends a Solihull school and many of my neighbours were born in the areaand attended local schools. Maybe you know some of them!! Jacky

Sue

Sue Report 16 Nov 2003 21:26

George Will Shirley do? First 6 years of my life - so knew 'old' Solihull well, as we returned to visit friends until the 1970s, but I'm afraid it seemed very different when I visited at the beginning of the year. I did manage to find our old house, though. Sue

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 16 Nov 2003 21:45

Born in Solihull Hospital, address 18, Lode Lane, Solihull in those days. Brought up, kicking and screaming, in Tanworth in Arden which now comes under Stratford upon Avon. Sister now lives in the house, her children also born in Solihull Hospital. Ros

Kelle

Kelle Report 19 Nov 2003 19:13

hi all, i am also from solihull-well live on the boarder-hall green. Both are really nice areas.

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 19 Nov 2003 21:07

Kellie, that depends on which part of Hall Green, lived there for a year, just off Streetsbrook Road, and hated it. Police were more than useless, but only took firebrigade a couple of minutes to arrive. Ros

George

George Report 24 Nov 2004 23:01

Thought I'd give my old thread a nudge and see if there were any other solihull peeps around on GC :~)

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 24 Nov 2004 23:41

hiya i dont live in solihull but grandad did he owned three magpies farm,mother in laws lived there all her life and hubby works at rover/ford in lode lane. debs

Brian

Brian Report 25 Nov 2004 13:42

Hi everyone on this thread, My daughter and granddaughter live in Solihull, very near the hospital. They moved there about three years ago. G'daughter goes to Lode Heath school. (Better not say any more....daughter may not approve of me divulging stuff about them, without her OK!). My wife and I visit them every few weeks. It's a very nice area - really like Touchwood shopping centre. Brian, ;-x)

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 25 Nov 2004 13:59

Hi Brian, Perhaps I'll bump into one day when I am shopping in Touchwood! Jacky :-)

Valice in

Valice in Report 25 Nov 2004 16:44

My sons in laws live there

Brian

Brian Report 25 Nov 2004 17:01

Good idea, Jacky, Have to arrange a meet in Spudulike when I'm next up that way!! Brian, ;-x)