General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suggestion : Could we make the contacts page work

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 18 Nov 2003 23:36

Each time we logon we get a message on the home page "134 surnames from your tree have been added .......". Would it not be possible to add to this: "You have X new contacts - check Your Contents Page" This would help to prompt people to check contacts and might stop messages getting missed. I personally like the contacts page - since I use GC from work at lunchtime and home in the evening and have different email addresses in the 2 locations. (Apologies to anyone who saw this on the end of the Sincere Apologies thread - I thought it was out of context there). Ann

Bob

Bob Report 19 Nov 2003 11:35

Good idea Anne. Have you e-mailed GC otherwise they wont see it? Bob

Ann

Ann Report 19 Nov 2003 23:34

Bob - Just emailed them. ..........

BrianW

BrianW Report 20 Nov 2003 10:54

My main problem is that I can't delete contacts, something in the software set-up just isn't communicating !

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 5 Dec 2003 07:38

I have had the same problem as Christine - I have followed all the steps suggested but still no contacts will delete. I now wait until I have a few and ask GC to do them for me. Jacky

N

N Report 5 Dec 2003 08:22

I would like notification if your email has been undeliverable. I am sure there are lots of people who have added their details on here, and then lost interest, and then changed their email address ( probably because of spam). At least we would know it was because they did not receive the message rather than just not interested. Also it would be useful if when we tried to contact someone we could see when they last logged on - i.e a regular user or not.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 5 Dec 2003 16:34

Good idea Ann. Iv'e been airing my views on my check contacts page thread. Maybe GC. could add an email disable button to "your details, "which would give you the opportunity to stop gc. forwarding emails to you if you do not wish to recieve any.. Then when you try to send an email to a disabled email address, a message could simply come up "e mail Disabled" It would stop all that wondering ! Elaine x