General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

song lyrics to life gets tedious dont it - re late

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2003 00:04

see below

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2003 00:06

Life Gets Teejus, Don't It? (Carson Robison) The sun comes up and the sun goes down And the hands on the clock go round and roumd I just wake up and it's time to lay down, Life gets teejus, doon't it. My shoe's untied, but, shucks, I don't care Cuz I recon I ain't a-goin' nowhere, I'd brush my teeth and comb my hair Just too much wasted effort. The water in the well get lower and lower, Ain't had a bath in a month or more I've heard it said and I'm sure it's true That too much bathing will weaken you. Danged ol' mule, he must be sick. I jabbed him in the rump with a pin on a stick He hunched his back, but he wouldn't kick Something cock-eyed somewhere. Hound dog's howling so forlorn Laziest dawg that ever was born He's howlin' 'cause he's settin' on a thorn Just too tired to move over. Well, the cow's gone dry and the hens won't lay And my well dried up last Saturday My troubles keep pilin' up day by day And now I'm gettin' dandruff. Roof's a-leakin' and the chimney leans, An' there's a hole in the seat of my old blue jeans Now I've et the last of the pork an' beans, Just can't depend on nothin' Mouse is gnawin' at the pantry door He's been at it now for a month or more When he gets through he'll sure be sore Cause there ain't a dang thing in there. Well, it's debts and taxes and pains and woes Aches and miseries and that's how it goes And now I'm getting a cold in my nose, Life gets tasteless, don't it. Copyright Carson Robison. RG

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 20 Nov 2003 19:32

Thanks for that it got us all going didn't Ann,Darlington

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 20 Nov 2003 20:14

HaHaHaHeHeHe!!!! How does the toon go???? Is EVERYBODY nuts on this site??? :-))) Dierdre X

Keith

Keith Report 20 Nov 2003 22:01

Well done She - can now do something else with my life!! Keith. Deirdre - Yes

Rosi

Rosi Report 20 Nov 2003 23:58

Aw She! My age is showing! i remember it so well and could sing along! luv, Rosi

Bob

Bob Report 21 Nov 2003 12:09

I have one version on disc but it is too big to put on Poet's (3meg). It's by Walter Brennan but it's not the one I remember. I will happily e-mail it to anyone interested (as long as you don't use aol). Bob