General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is anyone from Cheshunt, Herts?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katwin

Katwin Report 21 Nov 2003 22:47

If so, could you let me know whether Providence Cottage, 41 Prospect Road, Cheshunt is still there since 1901 census? Also No 1 Prospect Road, Cheshunt (from 1891 census). Before I go there myself to take photos. Thanks, Kathy in Bicester, Oxon.

Tricia

Tricia Report 24 Nov 2003 22:29

Hi Cathy I have looked in the Hertfordshire A to Z and Prospect Road is still there. I have pushed this to the top of the board for you but if you still get no response I will have a look for you. I am afraid that it will not be for about 2 weeks. Tricia

Crista

Crista Report 24 Nov 2003 22:37

Kathy, You can see if the address exists on the www.royalmail(.)co.uk site. Crista

Katwin

Katwin Report 25 Nov 2003 09:54

Thanks Tricia - Have e-mailed you. Crista - thanks for the tip. Am having trouble registering at the moment with Royalmail, but will certainly have a look. Kathy

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Nov 2003 14:45

hi cathy have looked for prospect road for you. it is still there. between A10 and blindmans lane. not far from me. not sure about the house. if you need me to i can drive along there to see if its still there. sandra

Tricia

Tricia Report 28 Nov 2003 20:53

Hi Sandra. If you can have a look before I can get the other half to take me, then please do so. I will keep an eye on this message to see if I am still needed to have a look. regards Tricia

Katwin

Katwin Report 29 Nov 2003 21:32

Hi Sandra, That's really good of you. If its not too much trouble could you have a look and see if Nos 1 and 41 (Providence Cottage) Prospect Road are old enough to have been around in 1891 and 1901. Also does Blindmans Lane have many Victorian houses? Don't know the number though. Many thanks - I'll keep an eye on the board. Kathy Bicester, Oxon.

Tricia

Tricia Report 2 Dec 2003 20:20

Hi Kathy My husband is taking me to have a look at Prospect Road for you. We will be going tomorrow, Wednesday, and I will email you when we return. Tricia

Tricia

Tricia Report 3 Dec 2003 16:49

Hi Kathy I have been to No 1 Prospect Road and as the number shows it is an end of terrace and I have spoken to the occupants. They have lived there for about 30 years, it was a shop when they first moved in. I also had a quick look at No 41. it is also still there and not too updated. Blindmans Lane only seems to have one Victorian house, I think it is or was called the Coach House and has been converted into two houses. It still looks original from the exterior. The good news is that the people living at No 1 have a computor and they have agreed to photograph the house and send a copy directly to you. I have left them my email address and they will contact me in the first instance, to obtain your email address, if I have your permission to pass it on to them. regards Tricia

Katwin

Katwin Report 3 Dec 2003 21:28

Hi Tricia That's great news - I've e-mailed you. If you don't get my e-mail, could you let me know on the board, as people are saying they are not getting their mail from aol. Kind regards, Kathy