General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any British born members living in the U.S.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 22 Nov 2003 03:15

Are there any members who were born in the U.K. who now live in America? Would love to hear how your research is going from this side of the Atlantic. I,ve been here 29 years and searching for 'dead rellies' for about 3. Thanks to sites like this, I,ve had more luck with my family than I have with my husbands American ancestors. Regards, Carol

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 23 Nov 2003 00:52

Am I the only one?

Crista

Crista Report 23 Nov 2003 03:10

Hi Carol, There's me. I haven't started on my husband's side yet though. Crista

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 23 Nov 2003 21:57

Hi Crista, Phew, I was beginning to feel like the 'Maytag repair man". So pleased to hear from you. Are we the only ones? Have seen you on the members board but I,m still a little timid to join in with you all. Regards, Carol in Rochester, New York.

Philip

Philip Report 24 Nov 2003 20:03

Hi Carol & Crista.. I am doing very well with my family search, I have got back to 1592 all from suffolk county uk, Most of my information has come fro the Mormon Igi site, Good luck, Philip palmer Apache Junction Arizona, Formally Of Birmingham uk.

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 25 Nov 2003 00:25

Hi Phillip, Pleased to hear from you. I forgot to mention that I,m originally from the Wirral in Cheshire. Now I think it,s in Merseyside. Could you please send some of that Arizona sunshine up here. It,s freezing!