General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Syrad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosalyn

Rosalyn Report 22 Nov 2003 20:12

My husbands grandmother was a Sarah Syrad following marriage to a Benjamin Syrad born in 1863, He was we believe born in Berkshire and was a police man on the original Ripper case in London. We think he was married before to a Rosemary from Ireland, and could have a son by Rosemary possibly now in Australia, this would be my mother in laws half brother, also called Benjamin. Benjamin Syrad died in 1944 at the age of 79 when my mother in law was still a child, living in Shotton North Wales. Does this mean anything to anyone else. My mother in law has no knowledge of her half brother and would dearly love more info.

Robert

Robert Report 22 Nov 2003 20:45

If you look on the 1901 census site ..... carry out a 'person search' on Syrad and choose male you will see all the male Syrads in the UK (16 of em) including your Benjamin. Then repeat with Syrad female and you will see all the female Syrads in UK ( 16 of them again). Spend a few of pence and you can copy out the actual results on the enumerator's sheet for your Ben ....maybe there was a Sarah (?) living with him.

Crista

Crista Report 23 Nov 2003 03:19

Rosalyn, I used the census decoder and there is a Benjamin Syrad aged 38 from Hurley in Berks living in Camberwell, occupation police sergeant. He isn't living with any other Syrads at the time. Crista

Crista

Crista Report 23 Nov 2003 03:21

There's also this on FreeBMD Births Sep 1862 SYRAD Benjamin Cookham 2c 350 Crista