General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Butts, Warwick

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 23 Nov 2003 17:13

Hello, can anyone out there provide info on The Butts, Warwick, it is down as the place 'where' I was born (1949) on my BC. From what my Mom told me I always assumed I was born in Hospital, so is The Butts the name for Warwick hospital, a Nurses Home or Private residence ???. Can anyone clear this up? All the Best Peter

Crista

Crista Report 23 Nov 2003 21:21

Peter, There is a street called The Butts in Warwick. Crista

Bob

Bob Report 24 Nov 2003 07:29

It looks as if No 2 The Butts was a Nursing Home: http://www.knowhere[.]co.uk/board/kb594/ The above link is to a message board where someone is also enquiring Bob

Peter

Peter Report 24 Nov 2003 13:07

HiHi, Crista & Bob thanks for the help. If you can spare the time, (I'm new to this) how do I find this sort of thing out myself. Will go and chase up your link Again my thanks Peter

Bob

Bob Report 24 Nov 2003 23:43

All I did was to do a "google" search on "The Butts Warwick". After a bit of practice you soon start to recognise the sites that are likely to be useful. It helps to have a broadband connection though. Good luck Bob

Peter

Peter Report 25 Nov 2003 00:17

Hello Bob, cheers for the advice. I have posted a reply on the link you gave me, now then, here's a coincidence, the Ladies request was for info re 1949 Maternity home, I was born there 31-10-1949. Will wait to see if anything comes back. Thanks again Peter

Bob

Bob Report 25 Nov 2003 01:05

Peter I did notice which is why I gave you the link. Did you see some of the other posts though....Ladies of the night et al. Bob

Peter

Peter Report 25 Nov 2003 14:19

Well Bob, when you hear about the stories of what went on "up at the castle" with Daisy & Ted, why shouldn't other girls earn an honest living!?? :-) Peter