General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please check your Contacts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 25 Nov 2003 14:48

Hi peeps... ----------------------------------------------------------- Just a reminder to check your Contacts page. ----------------------------------------------------------- Iv'e waited a couple of weeks & sent 3 additional e mails to a possible contact ( very frustrating as his persons name even has the same middle name as my person.) I know simular threads have appeared before. And there may be lots of reasons for him not replying. But i just needed to say i'm FRUSTRATED !!! (sorry for shouting, I feel much better now!) Elaine x

quantum

quantum Report 26 Nov 2003 13:23

I waited three months Elaine but low and behold one arrived two weeks ago

quantum

quantum Report 26 Nov 2003 13:24

I waited three months Elaine but low and behold one arrived two weeks ago

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 26 Nov 2003 13:49

I feel so much more positive today. I will try putting the surname & place of birth in the advanced search & see what that throws up. (good way to find family of the shared person as contacted comes up against the people connected to the person iv'e tried to contact!) elaine x

Carole

Carole Report 2 Dec 2003 21:59

I thought I'd had to wait a while - 3 weeks so far. Why do people use this site if they don't want to contact others researching the same family members?

Katwin

Katwin Report 3 Dec 2003 21:46

Do you think it possible the messages are not being received? Kathy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 4 Dec 2003 14:07

Maybe Kathy. Its posible they dont recieve our e mails----or----- Either people dont check their mail, Dont look in " your contacts"---- They Join G.C. ---Add a few names & forget about the site... Are on holiday...... Have gone suddenly blind & can't use their comp... Are fighting for queen & country... Have fallen down a very dark & deep hole & are shouting for help..... Or they just might not give a hoot about anyone else, until THEY want info from someone elses tree! Elaine x

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Dec 2003 16:43

I agree with all of you. I've had this problem too and another problem I've had is that people milk me for info, give none in return and then disappear off into the vast unknown! Thanks a lot guys.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 5 Dec 2003 10:53

Just recieved an e mail from someone I contacted yesterday, regarding a possible contact. He was amazed That I contacted him so soon as he had just joined ! Even though I now think that we may not have a connection, It has restored my faith that there are decent, polite contacts, who will gladly give up 5 minutes to reply to my e mails. Lets hope that the rude individials who dont bother to reply, bang their heads against brick walls, when they ask for info from somone who wont give it !! Elaine x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 5 Dec 2003 11:06

I have just re emailed the person who is not replying to my emails with this message:- ----------------------------------------------------- Dear **** As you have not replied to my e mails regarding ******. I must assume, unless otherwise, That you do not wish to share any information with me. Please will you e mail me & say so if this is the case & I will cease to send you any further emails regarding your tree. Regards Elaine Farrance. ____________________________________ Its been nearly a month since my first email was sent & I just want closure of it now either way ! Elaine x

Robert

Robert Report 7 Dec 2003 19:29

Like others, I suspect that GC is at fault and messages are not getting through to everyone.... I suppose you could carry out an experiment if you knew some other folks actually using GC. Ask them for their entered names on the site then use the system to send a contact email by clicking on the symbol next to the name.