General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

first timer and newcomer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 26 Nov 2003 20:16

I have recently signed up with this online and i think it is a good way of meeting family or reading about family. I am trying to set up my family tree but dont know how to get my brothers and sisters to show on the family tree???

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 26 Nov 2003 20:25

Dawn I think and stress the think you should add your parents then add your brothers and sisters as children of them

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 26 Nov 2003 20:32

Dawn, welcome to GenesConnected! Hope you will enjoy building your family tree! People on this site are very friendly and helpful...so if you get stuck never be afraid to ask! Shelli is quite right. Your brothers and sisters (and yourself of course), should be added as children of your parents. If you look to the left hand side of your GenesConnected screen you can click on Help/FAQS. This will give explanations on how to start to build your tree! Good luck! Dierdre X

Bob

Bob Report 27 Nov 2003 00:41

Dawn: Welcome to the site All you need is money, patience, time and a sense of humour but not necessarily in that order, or, come to think of it, even in that order. Good luck with your research and come to the members board for a chat sometime. Bob

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 27 Nov 2003 17:42

hi dawn welcome to gc hope you enjoy yourself on here :0) take care tinaxx

Brian

Brian Report 27 Nov 2003 17:56

Well done Dawn for making it this far. We all help each other and they certainly know how to make you welcome. I've been here for about four weeks? and I feel very much at home. Everyone is so FRIENDLY, and sometimes we even do some research!! lol Come and see us on the members board soon

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Nov 2003 18:56

Dawn, I think it helps us all to remember that once we were all new here. Welcome to the bestest and friendliest genealogical site I know. Jim