General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OK what did I miss yesterday at Bexley?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 30 Nov 2003 17:43

Sorry to miss it. Can now resuscitate anyone (very useful. I know) but, in between counting breaths, couldn't help thinking about you lot in green having lots of fun!

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 30 Nov 2003 20:34

nudge

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 30 Nov 2003 20:46

Hi Helen!! Fair was much more 'local' than 'family' history. Dierdre and I met up and went for a cuppa. Had a short chat for nearly 2 hours!!! What a pity you couldn't come, we had a good laugh - especially standing next to each other for 5 mins before she said 'are you waiting for anyone?' There she was dressed from head to toe in light green and I wasn't sure whether to approach her or not!!!! We WILL meet though I'm sure. Hope its soon! Maz. XX

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 30 Nov 2003 22:53

Hi Helen..and Maz! Yes..not much joy at fair! I was hoping there would be things to buy to help with my storage probs! Albums and document wallets etc. Never mind! It was great to meet up with Maz though! (Sorry Maz I think I talked too much!!) Look forward to meeting you sometime Helen...and see you on Wednesday hopefully, Maz! Dierdre X

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 Dec 2003 12:49

No way Dierdre - I had a great time!! Maz. XX

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 1 Dec 2003 15:18

Sounds like a good laugh! There's a local history group in my village but nothing to do with family history, so I know what you mean. By the way, I see everyone's changing their names.....

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 1 Dec 2003 16:10

That's 'cos we all got worried when we found out we were on the on-line electoral roll! Decided we'd play safe and go anonymous! Dierdre X

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 1 Dec 2003 16:56

Think I'll do the same!

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 1 Dec 2003 18:34

Hi Helen My friend Mike and I missed Dierdre and Maz too, perhaps we were all standing next to each other and didn't know!! The most interesting thing I found was the exhibition of a long-gone silk printers-the man was so informative, having worked in the trade all his life. Apart from that some of the help in the computer section was useful. If you need to look at churchyards in Kent, you can search for "Kent Archaelogical" and some chap called Leland has transcribed a lot of inscriptions from gravestones. Not much use to me, but he may have done other counties. Sue

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 1 Dec 2003 20:55

Hello, Sue, your silk print man sounded very interesting. Also, I might have a look at Mr. Leland's work as I'm trying to get some info for Maz! I emailed the vicar about access to his churchyard, which has been restricted due to subsidence or something, and I've yet to have a reply! By the way due you work Tuesdays? I'm working all this week but next Tuesday am planning to hit Tunbridge Wells and go to Bidborough for Maz so we could meet for a coffee if you're free.