General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MANCHESTER Christmas Meeting- Itinerary

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vera

Vera Report 2 Dec 2003 08:21

Hi to all the Manchester contingent. I have arranged an itinerary as follows (and I hope this is OK) Meet at the Visitors Centre as near to 12 noon as possible - I shall be there from 11 am just in case there are other early birds. at 12 noon 'ish' - Have a great lunch in the Restaurant - not compulsary but I did promise that as many of us as possible will be dining as he is letting us have the room on a complimentery basis!! The Head Verger of Manchester Cathedral has been persuaded to give any or all of us a tour of the Cathedral at 2 pm. The tour guides have a day off on Wednesdays so he will be doing the honours for us. May I be so bold as to think that we can all give a donation to the Cathedral funds as a thank you? After the tour the day is ours. We can chat or there are European Markets in the Squares in the city - French, German and Dutch. The mulled wine is great and goes very well with a German sausage. We have been promised warmer weather than of late, so keep your fingers crossed. See you all there TOMORROW - Whoopeeeeeeeeeeee...... Vera

Cathy

Cathy Report 2 Dec 2003 08:48

See you all tomorrow! Cathy:)

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Dec 2003 09:06

Hope you all have as great a time as we all did at our Scottish lunch.... Regards Margaret

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 2 Dec 2003 09:24

Vera Nice to see you again, hope you have a wonderful time will be thinking of you all.... Shelli xx

Jen

Jen Report 2 Dec 2003 10:56

vera its fine by me sounds as though its going to be a good day see you all tomorrow

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 2 Dec 2003 14:46

Vera Sounds fine see you all tomrrow Bren in Oldham

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Dec 2003 15:52

Vera - wow you have been busy, do hope it all goes well for you all , have a lovely time. Take care Jude

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 2 Dec 2003 16:53

Thanks Vera See you tomorrow. Shirley

Brenda

Brenda Report 2 Dec 2003 19:25

Vera You are a star.I am feeling like a kid and it is christmas eve!!! See you tomorrow Brenda

Andy

Andy Report 2 Dec 2003 19:29

Would have gone had I had the time (and money!). Hope to go next year but hopefully might get the chance to meet some of you before then. Have a good one, Andy.

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 2 Dec 2003 19:46

Have a wonderful day! Will raise a glass to you all at the Guildford meeting! Dierdre XX

Lois

Lois Report 2 Dec 2003 19:50

Vera, how wonderfully well organised you are. Looking forward to meeting you - and everybody else - tomorrow.

Michele

Michele Report 2 Dec 2003 19:51

Have a lovely time. we will be thinking of you all when we are in Guildford. : )

Sue

Sue Report 2 Dec 2003 22:05

You'll all have a fantastic time. Enjoy! Don't forget to take the Minutes - I know you'll take plenty of photos. Sue

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 3 Dec 2003 01:13

Hope you all have a wonderful day. I am sure we will enjoy ourselves equally well at Guildford. Maybe next year, during the spring or summer we could have a GC Jamboree and all meet up. We will all raise a glass to our Bonnie Jean. Kathleen

Vera

Vera Report 3 Dec 2003 08:02

Thanks everyone...... TODAY'S THE DAY - READY, STEADY GO........ Vera

Cathy

Cathy Report 3 Dec 2003 08:04

Or.... Ready.... Teddy ........Go!!! See you all later Cathy:))))