General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New to family searching

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 2 Dec 2003 17:50

Hello, as you can see I am a new recruit to the site and hope to make good use of it in the near future. I work full time and so don't really have a great deal of time to spend. I have the 1881 CD ROM set, but apart from that I am unsure of how else to find familymembers. I would appreciate any hints please. Many thanks Gill

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 2 Dec 2003 18:07

hi gillian its so good to have a new member. there are many people on GC who are willing to give up their time to do searches.many of us have subscription to ancestry 1891 census,myself included.there is also the VRI discs(vital records index of births and marriages) and the NBI(national burial index) feel free to post a message on the records office board and you'll be surprised at what responce you get good luck susie

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 2 Dec 2003 21:10

Hi Gill. Welcome! I have found the "Tips Board" to be the most helpful (for me); it is full of great information and tips. The "Records Office" is great if you are searching for particular things. I have found the "Guest Book" to have interesting topics. And if you are looking for laughs or to get to know some of the members, the "Members Book/Board" is the place to be. (Unfortunately, the one and only time I tried "chatting" my computer kept throwing me off the site!) You'll have a great time on this site!! PS There is also a "Trying to Find" board.

Anne

Anne Report 4 Dec 2003 08:08

Hi Gillian Do you come from Manchester, had a friend with the same name , lost touch in the 1960's ? Gill