General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thanks to Vera & Jen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathy

Cathy Report 3 Dec 2003 19:49

see below

Cathy

Cathy Report 3 Dec 2003 19:50

Many thanks to Vera & Jen for organising such a fab day in Manchester. Teddy says thanks too! Cathy:)

Brenda

Brenda Report 3 Dec 2003 19:55

You beat me to it Cathy ,I was just coming on to say the same,it was such a good day,Vera and Jen did a splendid job. Heres to the next one Brenda

Jen

Jen Report 3 Dec 2003 20:04

thanks girls but cant take the credit i think all the credit goes to vera for organising the venue and the tour it was a splendid day wasnt it thank you vera

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 3 Dec 2003 21:04

More thanks to Vera and Jen for the fab day in Manchester nice meeting you all Bren

Lois

Lois Report 3 Dec 2003 22:15

Vera and I examined all the sausages but couldn't find the rest of you! Hope you all got home alright; we'll definitely do it again in the New Year.

June

June Report 3 Dec 2003 23:42

Thanks to you both for organising the "MANCHESTER DO" It was GREAT, the tour of the Cathedral was the icing on the cake. After standing on the train all the way home, all I could think of was did William and Jen get home alright (separately of course). What is the date of the next get together? Thanks again. June and Carol PS. cant wait to see the Pics!

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 4 Dec 2003 00:09

Glad that you all had a good time, was thinking of you while I was at work! Maggy

Vera

Vera Report 4 Dec 2003 07:41

I am SO pleased that you all enjoyed yourselves. Glad I could do my little bit to make it happen. Hope everyone arrived home safe and sound even though, as Lois said we lost some in the Continental Markets ( did you sample the German sauasages and the mulled wine, She?). Lois and I finished off a 'grand day out' with some mulled wine which was very warm and Christmasy, thank you Lois for your company and the wine! It was great to put faces to names and the amazing thing was that after only a second we were no longer strangers. Thanks to all you managed to turn up and I was so sorry that some couldn't make it. You missed a good day.....see you next time? My very grateful thanks go to Peter Mellor, Manager of the Visitor Centre, who went out of his way to make our visit such a success. Not forgetting the staff In the Restaurant for a fantastic meal in magnificent surroundings. Also to Geoffrey Robinson, Head Verger of Manchester Cathedral for an immensely illuminating talk and tour of the Cathedral. Thank you all so much. Vera

Vera

Vera Report 4 Dec 2003 07:54

Jen Just read your message again - YOU MUST TAKE SOME CREDIT as you organised the list of members who said they were interested in attending. I only arranged the meeting place, etc. Not forgetting She who started it all. Let's both be gracious and both take a bow !! Thanks for the thanks, folk. Vera XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Dec 2003 08:06

Vera - yesterday was a brilliant day - the tour of the Cathederal was fascinating and no - saw some sausages but couldnt find any Lebkuchen :(

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 4 Dec 2003 08:40

Hi all I couldn't wait to get on here this morning it was all I was thinking about on the way to work!! Yesterday was fantastic it reminded me of why I love history so much and that I should go to church more than I do! I would like to agree with Vera we were all strangers when we met but after 10 minutes of being in each others company it felt like we had all been friends forever there weren't any awkward silences which I thought was really good because in a way I was expecting some! She and Jen thank you sooo much for taking me under your wings when I was in the Cathedral (you know what I mean) She I feel like I've got another auntie in you now, thank you. anyway just like to finish off with saying let's not leave it so long to get together next time. Hugs Alaina x

Jen

Jen Report 4 Dec 2003 09:31

thank you all that attended yesterday im glad you all enjoyed it as much as i did and will have to arrange another one in the new year . alaina no problem you are a care bear and would of done the same for us hope to see you soon just let us know when and me and she will meet up with you.

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 4 Dec 2003 19:06

Hello Vera and Jen Thanks for a really lovely day yesterday Jane, Pam, and I really enjoyed it. Also thanks to Geoffrey Robinson for the guided tour around the Cathederal. We have just arrived home after spending today Thurs touring Oldham for churches. One of which had been demolished. We found that out after driving round and round in circles on the ring road. But have taken pictures of others. So it was all worth it. Thanks again Shirley

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 5 Dec 2003 11:18

Hello Vera and Jen Just to let you know I rang the Oldham Library Local Studies today and they were very helpful. They are going to send me a photo of the demolished church of St Andrews Oldham. Regards Shirley