General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

giving up now

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 8 Dec 2003 01:21

not going to look any more, i stay on this to long hoping and searching ,must start getting some sleep always sleepy at work and so busy always. well i dont think anyone knew jean constance from baring road se12 , she must have had me then disappeared or her name and address is fake on my adoption form because i have searched all i can now hope you all have a good christmas and healthy new year yours chrystine cusack

Crista

Crista Report 8 Dec 2003 02:48

Chrystine, Have you tried www.myfolks(.)co.uk Crista

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 8 Dec 2003 08:27

hi im sorry to hear your having a hard time i know how it feels honestly, but crista's right have you tryed joan at my folks i know she's on holiday at the moment but i would give her a try nobody is unfindable where joan is concerned. good luck please dont give up :0) tinaxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Dec 2003 09:36

Hi Chrystine, My Folks is run by Debby and Joan. I'm sure that they can help you. Although Joan is on holiday, Debby is still handling things. They really do amazing work. There are many members like Tina who have had great results though My Folks. Please send me details and I will be happy to pass them onto Debby. I also work with them on any Scottish cases. Please don't give up. See the message on the Success board from Michele Moore. One of our many successful GC members reunited with her birth father last week. Regards Margaret

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 8 Dec 2003 10:02

I'm 57 years young, I was trying to find my birth mother for at least 12 years. Joan at my folks found her in half an hour and 3 sisters whilst we spoke on the phone. Don't give up Just waiting to make contact now. Best wishes Dave Bland (formerly Paul Bradley)

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 8 Dec 2003 17:04

Please don't give up, you will regret it. My friend gave up trying to find her relatives and by the time she started to try again it was too late, she missed the chance to meet her birth mother by months. Now you have started keep going, don't be obsessive (it will drive you mad) just put feelers out on sites like this and sit back and wait, follow up leads and enjoy life. come on. you can do it.

EvG

EvG Report 8 Dec 2003 17:36

Hi. I am the adoptive mother of 2, birth mother of 2. Don't give up, both my adoptive children have or had contact with birth parents. In both cases it was fine, it was like they had a door that needed to be opened and once it was they moved on. One of them still sees her birth father and has been to birth family gatherings. When she got married a couple of years ago she said the nicest thing a parent could ever want to hear, she said she only wanted myself and my husband to walk her down the aisle, as we were the ones who meant the most to her. It's sometimes hard for adoptive parents to deal with the fact your children want to find birth family but really it's only like anyone trying to find long lost relatives. Remember what will be will be, if you don't find family it wasn't meant to happen but don't ever think its you or something you did. Giving up a child for adoption is almost always an act of great love, so always keep that thought in mind. Have a wonderful Xmas and enjoy every minute of your life. As I tell all my children and now my grandchildren, they are special.

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 9 Dec 2003 21:28

Hi Heather, I am sorry to read about feeling down & out because you think that your search for your birth Mother has failed. When you have a moment, please have a look on the Sucess Board, read throu some of the messages (especially the recent ones...)......they did not give up. No one can promise that they can find anyone's 'losted families' but believe me, there are ALOT of members on this site who are willing to help out if they can. I wish you all the luck and hopefully in time, it will be YOU who has put in a 'Sucess' message on the board. Take Care. Best Wishes, Dawn.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Dec 2003 21:59

heather dont give up!! joan at myfolks found my aunt in half an hour after i'd been searching for 23yrs. susie