General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

In memory of Lisa

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 26 Dec 2003 13:13

Cousin Lisa passed away unexpectedly last month aged just 29. Funny how this hobby turns distant relatives into third cousins ,one time removed....then just cousins...then friends.No, we never met- I'm a hemisphere away.But Lisa was a bundle of enthusiasm. Her last colourful note was all about her latest adventure photographing records and gravestones in wet and windy Lincolnshire. She went looking for a piece of unconsecrated ground and blocked the entrance to the field...turns out the guy waiting patiently on his tractor to get in was yet another 'cousin'. I suppose she's now getting her information from source...come on Lisa, share!! And PS, I got the photos in time for Christmas, thanks. John

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 26 Dec 2003 13:29

john how sad but at least you had the chance to have contact with her and seem to have good memories of Lisa lou

Keith

Keith Report 26 Dec 2003 14:29

Hello John. What a very nice note. May Lisa's memory never leave you. Regards. Keith

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Dec 2003 01:11

John, So sorry to hear your sad news. Eleanor

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2003 18:02

Hi John My sincere Sympathy for your loss. If Lisa meets Anthony he wiil keep her in music Fran Axon

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 30 Dec 2003 05:44

isnt it great that the internet can do so much in bringing people together, regardless of Age,Sex,Religion,Race, we can all share and enjoy the same stories. Families all over the world can keep in touch every day. This will only improve in time. Bill Downunder (philosopher).

Sally

Sally Report 31 Dec 2003 07:04

Dear John, What lovely memories, the little poem that always seems to help me, A person lives as long as they are remembered, Only when they are forgotten do they die, Lisa will live forever. My thoughts are with you. Take great care.