General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 31 Dec 2003 16:22

Hi I am a new member and only stumbled across this site recently. We are a family of Genealogoy junkies as I frequently chat to my mum about her family history which she is chasing. My husband is also a junkie and we sit at our computer together (aaah!) and look through many sites for his family. Now we are also looking for his birth family which we have recently received info on. It is nice to know that you are all so friendly and frequently chat to each other. If you don't mind I will look in every now and then and maybe add some comments. Hope to hear from some of you soon! Rachel Sturman

Stephen

Stephen Report 31 Dec 2003 16:32

Thanks Dawn And a Happy New Year to all of you too. Rachel

Yvette

Yvette Report 31 Dec 2003 16:38

Hi Rachel Welcome to the world of GC ! Wishing you lots of luck with your family search, and a Happy New Year, Regards Yvette

Trish

Trish Report 31 Dec 2003 18:30

Welcome to what we call a big extended family. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 1 Jan 2004 00:07

I would also like to welcome you, Rachel! Happy New Year! (It's still 2003 here.)

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2004 00:33

Happy New Year from BC, Canada too, Rachel, and welcome to the amazing world of GC. Di.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2004 01:43

Hi Rachel and Stephen, Happy New Year and welcome on board! See you here abouts in 2004! Love Eleanor & Tony (south London)

~*sylvia*~

~*sylvia*~ Report 1 Jan 2004 10:48

Hi! Rachel and Stephen and welcome. I am in Perth Western Australia and I don't pop in very often, but hope to run into you sometime when I am on line. Best wishes to you both from Sylvia

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 1 Jan 2004 18:52

Welcome Rachel and Stephen and Happy 2004 to you. Wish I could get my hubby interested in the family tree, Rachel, he just thinks that it's boring and I'm strange!! Maggy

Jan

Jan Report 2 Jan 2004 09:35

Im glad Maggy its not just my husband who doesn't "get it" why I sit for hours looking for dead people! Welcome Rachel and family the people on this site are some of the most helpful people I have come across! Jan x

Stephen

Stephen Report 5 Jan 2004 22:03

Hi Di I have family in Kamloops BC, I know it is a big place but I loved BC when I visited many many years ago. Maggie Don't worry, although my husband shares my liking of tracing family history, he still thinks I am very strange. My sons think I am weird and embarrass them and they are only 6 and 3. Great news for when they are teenagers, mums revenge. Rachel

EvG

EvG Report 5 Jan 2004 22:14

Hi Rachel & Stephen. Welcome to the site. Happy New Year from 100 Mile House, British Columbia, Canada, about 2 hours north and west of Kamloops and a very chilly -34 at the moment, got to -42 last night. We have our long underwear on here, plus hats scarves and multiple layers. Its supposed to snow tomorrow again so hope it will warm up. Hope you get as much fun and enjoyment from the site as I do. We are a fun bunch like to have a laugh, whilst searching for dead and sometimes live reelies. So welcome again. Evelyn.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2004 22:45

Hi again, My husband thinks I'm strange too, says I'm obsessed, and thinks I spend too much time on here, whether it's one hour or 5. But really, is it so very much more obsessed than sitting all day, well part of it anyway, staring at a TV screen, with no fascinating end product like birth certificates, family trees, or a little historical knowledge such as we get!! Come on husbands, face it, you're addicted to TV!! Or the pub, or football or............... you name it!! Evelyn, hope you've got your long johns on, as I have. To hell with fashion in weather like this. Rachel, Isn't Canada great!! Come back and visit again soon! Di.

Stephen

Stephen Report 5 Jan 2004 23:10

It is my dream to visit again. One day I will have enough money to go back. Unfortunately that time is definitely not now. I would love to introduce my children to my cousins as we have children the same age. My cousin Kathy and I keep in contact by email now, we were brought up like sisters when we were young and we both had children within a year of each other. It would be lovely if I ever get back over there to meet people from GC too. Rachel