General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I couldn't face the worm!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 2 Jan 2004 13:20

I was supposed to drink my vodka containing the worm on New Years Day but just couldn't do it. I stared at it for ages and kept telling myself it was just a worm and it couldn't harm me, but being the squeamish person I am I just made myself feel sick. Even though I bottled out my 2 sisters drank theirs, much to the horror of everyone there. Not my idea of a new years tipple. Sheila

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 2 Jan 2004 13:39

sheila why drink a worm??wat tradition is that.ive never heard of it is it because im a southerner...lol susie

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 2 Jan 2004 15:09

Susie shelia was given a bottle of drink with a worm in it for christmas, and she's was gonna drink it but bottled it LOL (so would I!!!!)) Shelli

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 2 Jan 2004 18:29

shellie im with you now!!!!...lol i dont think i would drink it either....oh gawd....yukkkkk...lol

Trish

Trish Report 2 Jan 2004 18:43

Sheila, well, at least you tried. I must admit that I don't think I could do it either.

Jan

Jan Report 2 Jan 2004 21:11

Sheila always remember a worm is for life not just for christmas !!!!!!!

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 2 Jan 2004 23:15

Don't worry Sheila, I couldn't suck my lolly either!!! Dierdre X

Lynn

Lynn Report 2 Jan 2004 23:23

Goodness me if I had drank it I know for sure it would have come back up to say hello...perish the thought!!!!!

Janet

Janet Report 3 Jan 2004 01:14

Sheila. Just 4 words. "I don't blame you"! Maybe one more:- "Bla...iiiiiiiirrrrrrrhhhhhhhyuk!" Janet

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 3 Jan 2004 23:42

Was the worm pickled??? Norah in Hampshire

Penny

Penny Report 4 Jan 2004 01:38

yes in the vodka ha! ha! i have worked in bars and seen people drink the worm, that was bad enough for me, i really don't blame you, i wouldn't do it either. penny

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 4 Jan 2004 16:37

Is the worm dead?

Stephen

Stephen Report 5 Jan 2004 21:34

I thought worms were in Tequila or Sangria. Tequila I'm sure. Still wouldn't be able to face any drink with a worm in it, can't face one in my garden, my son does that. Rachel