General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEED some help plz with what i want to do when i a

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 6 Jan 2004 21:56

i name is samantha , and i am dyselixc and i am at college i need some adiice really because i am doing ICT comptuer course its my 2nd year i was wondering can you be a grahphic designer still doing ICT cousre? can someone help me plz i be so happy if someone gave me adivce on it plz

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 6 Jan 2004 23:23

Hi there Samantha Wish I was in a position to be able to advise you, but I'm a Jack of all trades, Master of None. But I would like to say to you that dyslexic or not, the world is your oyster, you may have to try a bit harder, but if you really put your mind to it, you can do whatever you want. I wish you every success Best Wishes Norah in Hampshire

George

George Report 6 Jan 2004 23:51

Samantha Don't let being dyslexic stop you doing what you want to do. My daughter is in her final year of a design course at Leeds Met University and she is dyslexic. She was even issued with a pc complete with all the programs necessary for her to work at home which she keeps at the end of her course. George

Jill

Jill Report 7 Jan 2004 00:01

Hi Samantha You ought to be able to see a careers advisor, either through college or independantly. They will advise you on the way forward. Dyslexia does not mean that you will not be able to follow your chosen career. I do hope that the college is giving you all the support that is available. Most colleges have someone who is available to talk through any problems that you may have. I wish you luck. Jill