General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For all Newcomers to Genealogy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 8 Jan 2004 21:40

Hello new addicts, (if you aren't yet, you will be). Practical Family History February 2004 edition is excellent value for beginners. Short articles with plenty of meat in them. Enjoy. Keith

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 31 Jan 2004 23:33

hi would i be able to get this from W H Smiths lou

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 1 Feb 2004 00:36

Hi Louise Most WHSmiths should stock them, although some smaller ones might not. You should be able to to ask WHS to order you a copy in every month, there are quite a few monthly mags for us intelliegent (!) people who try and trace there ancestors. Liz

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 1 Feb 2004 18:02

thanx elizabeth

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Feb 2004 15:08

I agree a great magazine - is this a new sales technic? Linda

Midlands

Midlands Report 2 Feb 2004 15:15

This can also be found in most branches of Ottaker's.

Keith

Keith Report 2 Feb 2004 20:11

Hello Linda G. Not a sales technique - honest. I just thought that particular issue was good for starters in the great game!! Keith

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Feb 2004 07:40

is it a book or magazine ?

John

John Report 3 Feb 2004 14:33

No, it's genealogy-man!

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 3 Feb 2004 21:03

very funny john lol where abouts in the country are you living now i'm sure i remember you saying you were moving south... lou

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 4 Feb 2004 08:56

nudge....

John

John Report 4 Feb 2004 09:46

In Nuneaton - not far from the A5, Lou.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 4 Feb 2004 21:16

hi john was it nuneaton you lived or worked in before when you used to travel down this way i remember you saying you would wave to me as you drove past :) lou

John

John Report 4 Feb 2004 22:34

Lou, you've got a good memory! Moved from Nuneaton last June, to Alnwick; in November to a hamlet near Bamburgh; in December back to Nuneaton. Hoping to buy a house back here this year if the prices don't keep increasing!

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 5 Feb 2004 19:45

john think it stuck in my mind as you said you would wave as you passed Fosse Park :) plus we had a lovely holiday close to where you lived especially rmember Chillingham castle and is it Bamburgh castle that is right next to the beach...very impressive lou

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 6 Feb 2004 20:55

nuneaton is very nice aswell lou

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 Feb 2004 08:26

so....can anyone tell me if it's a book or a magazine, then i can look on amazon thanks lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Feb 2004 08:45

Louise, it's a monthly magazine.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 8 Feb 2004 08:54

thank you daphne