General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Body in the here and now,brain in the 1800s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Oz

Sue In Oz Report 11 Jan 2004 18:27

Am I the only one with this problem? Since I've been researching my tree I've got so used to putting 1700 and 1800 dates in various places that I've found myself putting them on letters and some email addresses and then wondering why the emails get returned to me. Think I've lost the plot,have you? Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2004 18:29

lol - no Sue - just shows you how much this research means :-)

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 11 Jan 2004 18:55

Sue, At least you have a brain! Mine's given up.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2004 20:00

I do it all the time Sue, filling in forms usually. Always keep a bottle of white-out by my side!! Di.

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 11 Jan 2004 20:40

Not quite the same, but I find that despite many years of marriage, I keep signing my MAIDEN name on everything...not (thankfully) on credit card transactions (yet!), but have done it several times when signing for postal deliveries and once on a sponsorship form for a neighbours child! Dierdre X

Helen

Helen Report 11 Jan 2004 20:41

I've found I keep putting my maiden name on forms again and I've been married ten years.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 12 Jan 2004 16:15

I have started thinking as myself as Diana Wardle again and I'm pleased it's just not me..... thought I was going off marriage for a while but I LOVE IT!! only done a year so still all lovey dovey!! ;o)

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 12 Jan 2004 19:07

Hi - had a letter at work last week from a lady who owes the firm money - she had asked to be let off her monthly payments for the Christmas period (which was agreed) but she sent a letter last week saying "thanks for letting me off for Xmas, I fully intend to recommence my monthly payments in 1907" True, I swear. Bless her cotton socks! Jacqui