General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh they were the days!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rhona

Rhona Report 20 Jan 2004 16:03

School days- tuck shop goodies any memories? What about puff crisps in different flavours we would crunch the packet down and pour into the mouth, getting all over the face. Beta bars sticky toffee rectangular bars of cereal compressed together. Fashion codes- drain piped jeans so tight you couldnt get your foot through the bottom, and when needing the loo, dancing to get the things down in time. Pencil skirts so tight you walked in dolly steps. Sundays- Sunday school in the morning, mad enough to get up for it, 52 weeks of the year and you would receive a bible with a attendance certificate in it. Tea at grans, sandwiches, followed by trifle. Anyone remember saving clubs at school, real saving books and watching your money grow each week, putting as little as you liked into it. Scrumping days- Orchards everywhere, Hazelnut trees had to be a favourite. Outdoor lidos- Packed up with your sandwiches, and cossey spend all day there, come out clean and wrinkled, and sleep like a baby that night. Saturday morning pictures, they were fun.

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 20 Jan 2004 20:46

Lesley - I think it's cos they were only in a kind of greaseproof paper bag- I can't think why a packet of Smith's was such a treat! that and a bottle of Tizer or Cherry flavour Corona! S.

Anita

Anita Report 21 Jan 2004 06:19

You have bought back so many memories,The blue crisps toffe e bars {Palm}I think,scrimping apples ciggy cards ,marbles,swimming pool every summer weekend,Sunday School trips to Yarmouth,comics,Enid Blyton,I could go on for ever.Do I Feel old.Anita {