General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

souless house.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2004 13:55

I sit in a spotless lounge not a dog hair to be found. cushions neatly plumped,rugs laying straight. sterile, empty and souless without Trigger my mate. No dog bowl, biscuits, ball, nothing to make a mess but why do i feel this awful emptiness. Dont tell me he will be found another home where he will be loved. cos we were inseparable like hat and glove. why is life so cruel , what cruel fate caused the reason to part with my mate. My heart is broken, it will never mend. for i have lost my Trigger my one true friend.

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 24 Jan 2004 14:04

Oh God, Terri.....I have been moaning my head off this morning because I just had to vacuum and sweep up tons of dog hair, and clean the doggie snot of the windows and the mud from the floors. But I know how much I'd miss my Jack Russell if he wasn't around. If I remember rightly, you couldn't keep Trigger for health reasons? It must be a terrible blow for you. I am so sorry. Trigger will hopefully settle into a new home, in time, but it doesn't ease YOUR pain, I know. Thinking of you love, Dierdre X

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2004 14:10

Terri, I know there's no words any of us can say that can comfort you at the moment, hopefully you can keep in touch with Trigger and know how he is getting along. You were not to know what health problems lay in store for you both, but remember, you and Ray gave him 9 wonderful years which he may not have had the privilege of had you not seen him the day you went to the dog rescue. No dog could have had more love thanyou gave Trigger. Lots of Hugs and love to you and Ray,xxxxx Daphne

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 24 Jan 2004 15:41

terri im so sorry my 3 darlings are curled up by my feet snoring at the moment and my god would i be lost without them!! i too have just cleaned up after them as they have just been out side in the rain.i seem to spend my life doing that but after hearing you so upset i'll never moan again:)) heres a big hug terri (((HUGGGGGGG))) love susie xxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2004 16:05

terri and ray - xx

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 24 Jan 2004 16:28

Terri, No words, just hugs. Thinking of you. Elisabeth xxxxxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2004 17:16

Terri, For once I don't have to imagine how you feel. I know. For 12 & 14 years my life was centred around my two little buddies, Biz and Boz. My children had grown, I was retired, so we were together all day and every day. We took them in the car with us everywhere, even to parties, and they were often invited in. Boz had a stroke and died 2 years ago. Biz I'm sure had doggy alzheimers and we had to have him put down last April. I stayed with him as he fell asleep and put my arms round him and sobbed for about 10 minutes after he took his last breath. Now there's a big void in my life, and in the house and I still find myself turning round to check that they're okay in the back seat of the car. The desire to see and touch them never goes away, but the pain does lessen. There's nothing we can say to make it easier for you Terri, but know that all we doggy lovers are thinking of you with love. Di.xxx

Michelle

Michelle Report 24 Jan 2004 17:22

Terri, I am writing this through tears, because I don't know what I'd do without my fly. He had a cancerous growth removed from a leg last August, and I dread every lump and bump I find now. Much love girl and please remember you did what you had to because you loved your Trigger. Big hugs, M.

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2004 17:50

Thank you everyone for your kindness and understanding. For understanding that a Dog is never ever just an animal.

Sue

Sue Report 24 Jan 2004 17:58

Terri We lost Rosie nearly 3 years ago after 13½ years. It is easier now than it was but she was most definitely not a dog - she was a human being who knew our every mood (as we knew hers!). She preferred to respond to whole sentences rather than one-word commands and we shall never forget her. Sue

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 24 Jan 2004 18:23

Terri, I had a cat for 19 years. She had to be put to sleep finally due to her illness; she was in so much pain near the end, we couldn't make her suffer any longer. Monique was given to me when I first moved out on my own. She was so little that I had to lift her up to the bed at night because she couldn't jump that high, or climb. I think because she was taken away from her mother too early, she insisted on sleeping in the space between my neck and shoulders. She never grew out of that when she got older -- which made for an awkward sleeping arrangement for us both. She was like a dog. On the weekends when I walked around the house cleaning, there she was, following me, from room to room. When I was upset and crying, she would sit by my head and meow and rub her head on mine -- to the point that I would have to stop and laugh at her attempts. Whenever I called her she would come running. They say pets are just animals and get over it. I'm over it, to a point. I have another cat, I adore her, but she's a cat. She's not my little cat with dog characteristics, she doesn't even notice when I get upset. She's a cat. I would be terribly upset if something happened to her, but sometimes you have animals that mean so much to you, like Monique. I'm sorry you don't have Trigger. I know how you feel when your pal is no longer there for you. I'm thinking of you and sending you big hugs.

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jan 2004 20:47

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth. From "The Outermost House" by Henry Beston, and quoted in "After All" by Mary Tyler Moore.

Lindy

Lindy Report 25 Jan 2004 06:38

Terri, I am so sorry as I can relate to the pain you must be feeling. Our Ruffy died last October she was thirteen years old and I swear that some nights I can feel her sneaking on to the bed and lying on my feet. I put my hand out and of course there is nothing there. Now when I get the feeling that she is on the bed I pretend it is true. I know that this sounds silly but it comforts me. We have two other dogs but they sleep in the kitchen. Scotty, a maltese poodle who is nine years old and Feia the bulldog who is seven and snores the house down. She is nearly totally blind and has a heart condition. I don't know what I will do when they are no longer around. We keep them in our hearts. Lindy