General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what item of luxury would you take....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 28 Jan 2004 21:50

In relation to Janices question, (see below) what 2 luxury items would you take with you to this desert island ? I think i would have to take my mobil phone and a razor. Rosie

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jan 2004 22:00

Laptop with wireless modem (broadband of course !), and a case of southern comfort (the import stuff, 70proof lol)

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 28 Jan 2004 22:01

Hi Rosemary, Surely a mobile wouldn't work. lol Naomi

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jan 2004 22:04

Thats far too logical Naomi

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jan 2004 22:16

our children arent a luxury, they're essential :)

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 28 Jan 2004 22:18

My dog and a damn good book!

Diane

Diane Report 30 Jan 2004 18:56

My earrings and Mascara as i look dreadful with out both. You never know who you might meet, lol.

Carly

Carly Report 30 Jan 2004 19:41

bubble bath and a spade to dig sand castles,lmao no erm.....choccies and ice cream... no no er...... how can i choose just two items???? Would certainly leave the hubby at home!

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 30 Jan 2004 20:43

Have to be a comfy chair and a hot bath with bubbles in it!! (The Champagne I would also take comes under the heading of essential!!)

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 30 Jan 2004 20:58

A radio and an encyclopaedia. I don't need batteries as you can get clockwork radios. If you are on your own who cares what you look and smell like?

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 30 Jan 2004 21:11

it would have to be my hubby:))) who else would i get to scratch my back lol susie

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Feb 2004 19:40

Now if I were being silly...what about a car door..coz if it was very hot I could open the window. but think I would take....some good wine and a good sun lounger as I need a nice long rest....Man friday would hopefully already be there. Lynn

Andy

Andy Report 9 Feb 2004 22:24

a huge boatload of Guinness and Cameron Diaz :-P

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Feb 2004 23:20

After a week with the flu it would have to be a box of tissues and a bucket of vasaline to repair my nose and lips which now look like they've been through a cheese grater! Jeanette:-(

Rosi

Rosi Report 9 Feb 2004 23:27

30 years ago it would have been lipstick, mascara and a smile, 20 years ago stockings and suspenders. Now? Spectacles, dentures and HRT sum up my style!

Steph

Steph Report 10 Feb 2004 09:36

Smirnoff Ice (fridge full) and hair straighteners! Well, a damsel in distress has got to look her best, even is she's tipsy!! Steph