General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HI EVERYONE.I AM NEW

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 29 Jan 2004 22:34

JOANNE COLYER

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 29 Jan 2004 22:46

Hi June I am old - but don't hold that against me. You know, of course, that genealogy is a disease, and an incurable one. Welcome aboard. Len

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 29 Jan 2004 23:10

Hi Joanne Welocom and don't be afraid to ask cos if you don't ask you don't get! Ann,Darlington

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 30 Jan 2004 03:32

Hi and welcome! I've been researching for a long time, but am fairly new to the internet. The people on here are wonderful! So helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I'm sure you will enjoy the site. Lisa.

Bob

Bob Report 30 Jan 2004 05:29

Welcom to GC June or is it Joanne? Why don't you join us on the "members" board and you will find out what nice people there are here? Bob

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 30 Jan 2004 11:44

Hi June/Joanne I'm a chocaholic!! (Amongst other things!!). Could be an alcoholic if I tried really hard!! Also a Girl Guide (am, not could be). Much of the time I'm boring people (Hubby) with tales of long dead rellies. Think you have to be slightly mad to be here. Welcome!!

Carly

Carly Report 30 Jan 2004 13:59

Hello hello hello I'm new here too, been around a few days, so thought i would say, be nice to meet people here. Might even make a friend or two along the way. ( I dont have any friends IRL you see) I'm old, or at least I feel old. I'm 27 going on 87!!!

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 30 Jan 2004 15:03

Hi, Welcome to the newbies. You'll soon get used to people eye's glazing over when you start talking about your new found hobby! lol Naomi

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 30 Jan 2004 15:16

Hello Joanne, How lovely to have a new angel on board, and a June Angel too. Big hug Norah

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 30 Jan 2004 16:02

Hi June/Joanne Welcome Not been on the msg boards long myself started a few days a go . Found a nice friendly bunch out there.I would recommend the members board have had a few good chats there.And watched some very interesting ones !!!! LOL Jan

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 30 Jan 2004 18:27

Hello June, Welcome to GC. Just sing out if and when you need some help, there is always someone waiting to show you the way. Regards Badger Bill

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jan 2004 20:30

Welcome Joanne, You can forget the housework now!! We are all here to help and to learn from each other so don't be afraid to ask. Good luck Regards Margaret

Janet

Janet Report 31 Jan 2004 06:21

Hello,there seem to be lots of newbies all of a sudden. Is anyone out there from a village called Crowthorne, in Berkshire? I grew up there many years ago. Now live in OZ. Would love to hear from you.My maiden name was DURLING

Aileen

Aileen Report 11 Feb 2004 11:21

Hi June or Joanne, A big welcome to you and may you have a brilliant time on GC! Love Aileenx

Dobbs

Dobbs Report 12 Feb 2004 12:42

Hello folks, I'm yet another newie, and have already got help from others on this site. You're all great and have helped me find at least 6 new rellies within a week! Hope to speak to you all again soon, Bye for now, Karen

June

June Report 12 Feb 2004 14:25

Hi Joannne, Like you I am very new to this site, but reading down the list they seem to be very nice people. So I for one will be back. So have a very nice day all of you on this site. Bye June.