General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what a let down:0(

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 5 Feb 2004 13:48

well after getting ready and getting all exited CHAT magazine decided theyre not going to send a photographer after all they are putting the story somewhere else instead. so it'll probally be a very small paragraph. fed up now so im going to the pub for a meal and a pint :0) catch you all later. tinaxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Feb 2004 14:06

Tina, How annoying for you ! I know how you feel, as we had something similar; we had a baby born very prematurely during the last world cup (while we were on holiday !); wife went into labour when Beckham scored his penalty against Argentina... one of the magazines was going to do a story on it but at the last minute backed out... How frustrating ! Paul

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Feb 2004 14:07

Tina - WE know the story and we are all delighted for you sweetpea - by the way the Trisha programme was looing for people who had finally been reunited with family members many hugs to you and yours :-) she and paul

Brenda

Brenda Report 5 Feb 2004 17:35

Tina,what a rotten lot,still enjoy your mealing knowing it really has happend and you and your Dad have found each other. Brenda

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 5 Feb 2004 18:21

lol paul bet you had a few pints that day! well got over it now it would of been nice,and it might of helped in other areas,not to worry.hugs to you all too. take care tinaxx

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 5 Feb 2004 21:26

I'so sorry, how disappointing for you. Chat has lost a customer, albeit an intermittent one - me!

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 6 Feb 2004 03:10

Dear Tina Obviously they were thinking not spicy enough! Why the hell can't they just tell a wonderful happy ending story? Give me a ring and I will commiserate with you honey. 01454 615031 Dear others I am one of the people who helped Tina become reunited with her dad. I get so frustrated at the media who contact me regularly with promises of doing a story if I can provide them with names/circumstances. I rarely offer stories to the media without confirmation that all of the reunited family are OK with it and I don't think one has gone ahead yet. I, personally, as a researcher, would love to have a story printed so I could reach all those out there searching that are not on the internet. I don't compromise any of my 'found' families to get my ideal. So often the story does not come to fruition - I think the media dump it if it is not spicy, doesn't hava a twist or is not controversial enough. I think the only stories that I have had printed are the 'foundlings' in other words the people who can not find their roots. I, personally, have been told I am No 1 on a journalist's wish list beacuse I have a wonderful relationship with our adopted son's natural family. His mother does not want publicity so the story will not be publicised because our son's mother will not provide an interview or a photograph. The media says people reading it will think it is a 'made up' story. I am here for proof that it is not - they can look on my website for that information. Very annoyed lady