General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

up in the attic

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 5 Feb 2004 21:32

My Mum has just phoned and guess what last week she told me about my grt grandfather losing an arm in the war .Her friend has beenclearing out an Aunt's attic and instead of finding the usuall papers and stuff in the loft .They found his orginal false arm . She said it was very heavy and made of metal and what are they to do with it? family history alive you never know what's in the loft amongst the spiders.. Kim

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 5 Feb 2004 21:41

Would a museum be interested in acquiring it? Originally I was thinking about a military museum, but its possible he was fitted with the arm after being demobbed. Its worth a phone-call isn't it?