General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

names

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 12 Feb 2004 14:19

Just found looking at names in my tree I have some Flints some Stones and a Wall. Could be useful. :)) KIM

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Feb 2004 23:39

Hi Kim, Find some Masons and Bobs your uncle.........No, he's the builder!!!

Kim

Kim Report 13 Feb 2004 08:32

Funnily enough I do have 2 uncle Bobs. One of them is in oz

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 13 Feb 2004 16:42

My friend Ms. Peacock is dating Mr. Robins at the moment. (names withheld for privacy) Naomi

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Feb 2004 21:57

I've not had any in my tree (yet!) but I found these in a book today, Apparently in the 16 and 1700's people tended to reflect their religious beliefs in their childrens names such as christian smith etc. but I did feel sorry for this poor woman: Marriage at All saints Norwich 1795 of George Christian to Christian Wright (think about it) Then Christian Plaice b.1676 Hockering brings it round to the fishey side of things, I wonder if John Bream Fish who married Mary Scales at Attleborough in 1789 was any relation to Lemon herring b.1716 at Swanton Morley? or even to mr+mrs Boatwright who named their son Noah b.1753 in Thrigby. Just imagine the thought behind Modesty Towel b.1726 in Gunthorpe! Sue Good (and no i am not!! well maybe sometimes)

Geoff

Geoff Report 13 Feb 2004 23:36

If her name were Cream she could say "I's Cream".

Kim

Kim Report 14 Feb 2004 00:02

look up zealous rowse on the Igi and they marry morefrute stone?

Geoff

Geoff Report 14 Feb 2004 18:42

Clever stuff Viv! Tewkesgeoffbury

Kim

Kim Report 14 Feb 2004 23:37

If you Turn your my name around i could be Mike Lad