General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So you think you're having a bad day!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Feb 2004 12:17

See below

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Feb 2004 12:19

SECURITY GUARD IN PAINT EXPLOSION A security guard ended up naked and covered in orange paint after a nightmare day at work in Rotterdam. Freek Overgauw was collecting money from shops to take to the bank when he fell in a canal after stumbling on a stone as he got out of his car. He managed to climb out of the canal and get back in his car to change into some dry clothes. But, just as he was in the middle of changing, a booby-trapped suitcase exploded, covering him and the inside of the car with orange paint. The suitcase was designed to mark bank notes in the event of a robbery. The 41-year-old told Algemeen Dagblad: "I was all naked and covered with orange paint. There wasn't a spot in the car that wasn't orange." A shopowner of a nearby clothes shop had heard the explosion and ran to the car to help the unfortunate security guard. "At first he couldn't stop laughing. But finally he offered me a bath, some new clothes from the shop and a blanket I could use to sit on while I was returning home," said Mr Overgauw.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 13 Feb 2004 12:22

jeannette and theres me all in tizz cos ive made a huge cock up in my tree and have got to delete it!!!! it doesnt seem so bad now...lol susie

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Feb 2004 12:44

ROMANIAN MAN SAYS HE'S 'HAD ENOUGH' AFTER BEING RUN OVER FOR SEVENTH TIME A Romanian man says he's "had enough" after being run over for the seventh time. Nicolae Tabacu has now broken every limb apart from his right hand. He was run over by a police car in his most recent accident which put him in hospital with a broken leg. It was the fifth time he's been hit by a car and he has also been hit by a train and a motorcycle. The 44-year-old, from Valea Mare, Arges county, told the Jurnalul National newspaper: "I was only ten metres from my house when I had this last accident. "I think I've had enough. I wish this policeman hit me harder as I am really fed up with spending time in hospitals." Tita Alin, the policeman who hit Mr Tabacu, said: "He appeared in front of my car from behind a parked vehicle and I couldn't do anything to avoid the impact." Mr Tabacu said he had his first accident in 1987 when a bus hit him and broke his left leg. The most serious accident was in 2001 when he was hit by a car and had both of his legs broken.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Feb 2004 12:47

ITALIAN PENSIONER FALLS INTO HIS OWN TOMB AND DIES A man who was visiting the building site of his tomb has died after falling into it. Vittorio Greco, a 63-year-old pensioner from Lascari, Sicily, was visiting the village graveyard where he'd commissioned the building of a marble structure to use as his family's tomb. According to two witnesses, he stepped on a ladder to have a better view of the complex when he fell over the tomb and hit his head against a marble step. A post-mortem revealed Mr Greco died on the spot. His family says after his retirement, the pensioner followed the progress of the works of his tomb closely.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Feb 2004 12:48

I haven't added anything to my family tree this morning but I've had a right good laugh! Jeanette:-)

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Feb 2004 13:05

Thanks Jeanette for a good laugh! Maz. XX

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 13 Feb 2004 14:13

Jeanette, Can I ask, what sort of newspapers do you read? LOL Kim

Roberta

Roberta Report 15 Feb 2004 09:35

that makes my exploding bottle of sour cream(honestly, you've no idea where it can get to ) a bit tame. Bobby from Melbourne