General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where as Poets Pot 2 gone?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 18 Feb 2004 12:41

Where as poets pot 2 got to I've a poem to put in it! Maybe this thread could be the new poets pot? here goes!

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 18 Feb 2004 12:43

The time for love is now fast disappearing As years tick on and flesh descends towards dust. Death, so long a question, now is nearing, And one makes peace with pain because one must. Yet love still grips the heart with unspent yearning, A hunger unappeased from birth to death, A need for need, an unrequited burning That casts its doomed delight past all regret. O star that lights the else unlit creation, Desiring ever what can never be, Longing for some sense beyond sensation, Candle to a light we cannot see: Be for us now in these last years of life The beacon that guides home a man and wife.

Jen

Jen Report 18 Feb 2004 15:41

alaina its still on page two at the moment

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 18 Feb 2004 17:13

Marly I was under the impression that because the original Poets pot was full if you added any more on to the end of it, it knocked the poems off at the start of it, because people are adding to that pot but it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger does it? I think a GC poetry book would be quite a good we could name it Friends(Re)United in Poetry at Genesconnected! he he alaina xxx