General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new trying to find my way

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 19 Feb 2004 08:27

so hard when new to computer

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 19 Feb 2004 09:42

Brian, lots of folks on here will be happy to point you in right direction re computers AND genealogy ! However, you may want to ask at your local Main Library about Internet/Computer taster sessions (should be free) and also you could contact Learn Direct (govt sponsored) who are offering FREE computer courses at the moment. Try www(.)learndirect(.)co(.)uk for your nearest location - don't forget to remove the brackets in the e-mail address first!! Also have a look at the Resource Centre on the left here - some good info there for those just starting out! Good luck - keep asking questions !! Maz. XX H

Lynda

Lynda Report 7 Mar 2004 10:51

Hallo Brian I know it all seems a bit daunting at first, but you will get a lot of help from this site, everyone is so nice. Which area are you looking in for your family? Lynda

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 Mar 2004 10:59

Hi Brian Welcome to Genes connected. As the girls above have said you'll get loads of help on here so don't be afraid to ask. I'm computer illiterate too so you're not alone. Jeanette

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 7 Mar 2004 12:13

Brian Welcome. I'm fairly new myself and have so much help and support from all these wonderful people best money I have spent well worth every penny. From being a complete novice before Christmas I am pleased to say I have now helped several people which is very heart warming, also new to computers just like you and the tips on here are tremendous so do read them. Good Luck linda

Annabel

Annabel Report 7 Mar 2004 12:19

hi Brian, I am also new but learn some think each day folks on here are great

Bob

Bob Report 7 Mar 2004 12:54

Brian Just a small tip for you... The members here are a very helpful and sympathetic lot as you can see by looking at the other threads, but we all appreciate some feedback so that we know we arn't talking to ourselves. Good luck in your quest and with your computer (remember we were all novices once). Bob