General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

These sentiments are lovely.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindy

Lindy Report 21 Feb 2004 13:07

I received this from a special friend and would like to share it with the rest of you. I read of a man who stood to speak At the funeral of a friend He referred to the dates on her tombstone From the beginning... to the end He noted that first came her date of birth And spoke the following date with tears, But he said what mattered most of all Was the dash between those years. (1934-1998) For that dash represents all the time That she spent alive on earth... And now only those who loved her Know what that little line is worth. For it matters not how much we own; The cars...the house...the cash, What matters is how we live and love And how we spend our dash. So think about this long and hard... Are there things you would like to change? For you never know how much time is left, That can still be! rearranged. If we could just slow down enough To consider what's true and real, And always try to understand The way other people feel. And be less quick to anger. And show appreciation more And love the people in our lives Like we've never loved before. If we treat each other with respect, And more often wear a smile... Remember that this special dash May last only a little while. So, when your eulogy's being read With your life's actions to rehash... Would you be proud of the things they say About how you spent your dash? -------------------------------------------

Scooby's

Scooby's Report 21 Feb 2004 14:03

Just at this moment those words are wonderful Thanks Janet

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 21 Feb 2004 14:11

Hello Lindzay Well I've been pondering 'my little dash' and yes there are lots of things that I would choose to do differently if I were to have my time again. No chance of that though, so I do what I think will bring happiness to others, I smile a lot, and I haven't even shouted at Tom when for the third time in as many months, he spilt his cup of tea over our new carpet because Husband's, family and friends are for cherishing aren't they? Norah in Hampshire - smiling!!!

T J

T J Report 21 Feb 2004 19:36

Hi Lindzay I agree totally with the the minister of the service - my philosophy in life now is "life is not a dress rehearsal and that we should make the most of the life we are living because when we DO come back in another life we may live a totally different life completely" Yes things can be changed and the message I recieved from the spirits at the spriritual church was "Don't feel bad about NOT doing the right thing because if you believe you are right and you know in your heart that you are right - don't try to altar something that in the end you know will make you unhappy" Regards Tracy