General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Consequetive Children of the Same Gender

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Crista

Crista Report 23 Feb 2004 21:08

I was looking at my ancestors and noticed that my GG grandmother was the eldest of at least 6 consequentive girls. The might even be more but I would need access to the 1851 census. When she married, she then had 5 sons before she had her first daughter. Can anyone beat 6 children all of the same sex. Crista

Michele

Michele Report 23 Feb 2004 21:15

Hi Crista Can't beat it but my husband is second of six boys. Very chilly here in Haslemere Michele

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 23 Feb 2004 21:20

crista my nan was the 6th of 7 daughters!! she then had 5 consecutive girls and 3 boys susie

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 23 Feb 2004 22:10

Hi I've got 3 girls and looking at both mine and my husbands grandparents, great grandparents etc I am sure if I carried on I would end up with 6 girls (not that I am going to try) I've got 2 brothers (to put me off) only joking, so I dont need any boys. Liz

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 23 Feb 2004 22:36

Hi Crista, My Nan was the 2nd born out of 9 girls and the tenth & last child was a boy. Also, my G-Grandmother was one of 12, first born was a boy then followed 11 girls. Dawn.

Jane

Jane Report 24 Feb 2004 09:17

Hi Christa, Im the youngest of my family of 8 girls and 3 boys. In a big family you're certainly never without a friend! Jane.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 24 Feb 2004 11:08

My mother in law had a daughter, then five sons. Hubby being the second from youngest. The youngest son is called Leslie, Mum in Law has admitted that she had hoped for another girl ! LOL :o)) Elaine x