General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Favourite Pancake Fillings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 25 Feb 2004 17:36

Thought I would start another silly off. Mine Fav is Cherry Jam and cream. What's yours?

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Feb 2004 18:00

I like apple

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 25 Feb 2004 18:05

Usually, I just like lemon and sugar, but once in a while it's icing sugar and peaches. Yummmm!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 25 Feb 2004 18:41

Pancakes with sliced banana, fresh whipped cream , maple syrup MMmmm ! Elaine x

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 25 Feb 2004 18:49

Traditional I'm afraid with lemon juice and sugar - small boy of the house had his with chocolate sauce, chocolate sprinkles and vanilla ice cream. Have been few times (long time ago) to a restaurant in Holborn called My Old Dutch which served ONLY pancakes - or crepes I suppose - savoury for main course and sweet for dessert. It was surprisingly very nice. Don't suppose anyone knows if it is still there .... Maz. XX

T J

T J Report 25 Feb 2004 19:11

Mine must sound absolutely discusting but I don't have a sweet tooth - are you ready for this one and it tastes delicious - Daddies BROWN sauce. Came across it when I was pregnant and I enjoyed it that much I've carried on with it ever since.

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 25 Feb 2004 19:18

The one requested by "twig" yesterday was pretty good - melted cadbury's dairy milk - yum!! Have fond memories of trips to chix chox(?) in Barnet when I worked at South Mimms Crest Motel before M25 was built - thick american style pancakes, cream, maple syrup and something else I can't remember - just what the doctor ordered after a hard day's work!!

Janet

Janet Report 26 Feb 2004 14:04

Boring I know, but I like mine with lemon and sugar.

Zoe

Zoe Report 26 Feb 2004 14:08

My Old Dutch is definitely still there - on High Holborn if I remember. My fave pancake filling is jam. although I do like rhubarb and ice cream on occassion

Susan

Susan Report 26 Feb 2004 18:59

Black Cherries and Vanilla ice cream sue

Suzi

Suzi Report 26 Feb 2004 20:14

i'm pretty boring too, i like mine with just sugar.

Lynn

Lynn Report 26 Feb 2004 20:38

Hubbie likes his with golden syrup.Myself sugar and fresh lemon..When cooking them put a few sultana's in the frying pan with the mixture..yummy Lynn

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 26 Feb 2004 21:30

i like mine with apple ice cream and toffee topping..mmmmm

Lindy

Lindy Report 26 Feb 2004 21:33

Make the pancake in the usual way. Boil water in a pot, put plate on top of pot, lower heat. As each pancake is made sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, put on plate. Stack them one on top of the other and cover with lid. When finished roll up each pancake like a cigar. Enjoy, as they have absorved the cinnamon and sugar. Lindy:-)

Steph

Steph Report 27 Feb 2004 15:02

just a ton & a half of golden syrup!! Steph ;-)

Andy

Andy Report 27 Feb 2004 22:32

Ummm....well actually, marmite! I now await the howls of scorn and derision hehe.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 27 Feb 2004 22:48

We must be weired! Once a week we have pancakes stuffed with mince, mixed peppers, onions, mixed spices and cheese sauce. Have done that for years now, don't ask where the recipe came from, I think, when brassic when young, that was all we had to eat and enjoyed it!!!!

Helene

Helene Report 28 Feb 2004 07:35

I like butter & sugar, and peaches, cream & maple syrup. Yuk to the marmite.... I like vegemite though, but not on pancakes. Ice cream on crumpets is also a favourite in our home.

Katwin

Katwin Report 28 Feb 2004 11:50

Natalie, Cherry Pie Filling is even better, especially with Vanilla Icecream. I still love the traditional lemon juice and sugar though. Kathy