General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So Sad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 28 Feb 2004 23:48

I am really sad, because tonight I lost a dear friend. My oldest friend too, she taught me English at Comprehensive school from the age of 12. We have been friends for nearly 32 years. She would have been 82 in July, she passed away at 7.30pm this evening. She was such a wonderful woman, she had been a nurse, a teacher, worked for many charities, but her last four years were so difficult. Her home that she was born in was gutted by fire, she ended up in hospital, then an old peoples' home. She never lost her sense of humour though or her fight. This may not be an item for GC, but I just had to write this. M.

Annabel

Annabel Report 29 Feb 2004 00:03

I am sure lots of folk will think and pray for you, we have all lost loved ones at some stage and know how you are feeling, god bless ann

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 29 Feb 2004 00:06

Hello Morfydd I understand your sadness at this time and sympathise with you. I hope your joyous memories of your friend will help you, because she did sound like a joyous person, not a sad one. Norah in Hampshire

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Feb 2004 00:34

So sorry. I am feeling for you. Your memories will always keep her alive in your mind. Take care, love Jo

Michelle

Michelle Report 29 Feb 2004 01:32

Thank you all for your kind messages and emails, they are very much appreciated. God Bless Lesley, so sorry to hear your sad news. M.

Scooby's

Scooby's Report 29 Feb 2004 11:24

Hi My thoughts are with you, I lost my dad two week ago and I still don't know how to deal with it, one day I feel ok and the next I hurt. I guess you will feel the same and no one can make it better but it is nice to have people around who care God bless Janet

Iz

Iz Report 29 Feb 2004 13:04

So sorry to hear of your loss- I hope you can take some comfort in the memories of the long and happy years of friendship. It's been 7 weeks since I lost my Mum, and I am thinking of you. Isobel x

Katwin

Katwin Report 29 Feb 2004 15:29

Morfydd, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. This lovely lady's life was surely enriched with all the worthwhile things she did and all the wonderful friends she had, like yourself, and she lived her life to the full. Janet, Isabel, Lesley, My heart goes out to you in your grief and sorrow. It feels as though a part of us is gone too when we lose such a well-loved family member. May you eventually be able to recall without tears memories of the happy times you spent together. Take care and God bless, Love Kathy xx

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Mar 2004 18:24

Janet and Isobel, so sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you all for your kindness. Love M.