General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maybe,GC,should introduce a FOR SALE board

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 1 Mar 2004 22:22

I wonder if this would be viable.

Sue

Sue Report 1 Mar 2004 22:30

Barry Funny - I was thinking the same this morning! Sue

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 1 Mar 2004 22:34

Hello Sue, I really do think it would be a good idea,limited of course to GC members.

Bob

Bob Report 2 Mar 2004 01:30

Who are you trying to sell Barry?

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 2 Mar 2004 10:42

Hi Barry Could that be ammended to WANTED and FOR SALE board do you think? What a good idea - I'm all for it. Norah in Hampshire

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2004 10:44

Arent there plenty of other websites out there that do that? Instead of clogging up a genealogy based website.

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 2 Mar 2004 13:22

How about one for people to offer letters, diaries, photo albums and that kind of thing which they have found and want to find the rightfull family for?.. Sue

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 2 Mar 2004 13:38

Barry. . . . This has been tried by one of our members before Christmas but it was delete ......

Sue

Sue Report 2 Mar 2004 13:40

Barry Maybe you should put your suggestion on the GC Administrators thread as they have asked for suggestions. I've collected old autograph albums, deeds, indentures etc for some time, and periodically check to see if any of the names relate to those listed on GC. I've found a few but haven't considered it prudent to contact the researchers. If I was sufficiently web-aware I would set up my own site! Sue

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 2 Mar 2004 18:03

Hi Claire, I can understand your comments,only too well,but I didn`t explain myself properly. I was thinking on the lines of what we are all searching for,books,cd`s,photo`s etc.in the search for our encestors,plus of course,any unwanted computer accessories. Many thanks for your comments.

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 4 Mar 2004 05:53

I have to agree with Clare, Lets get the Genealogy board running properly, without messing it up with sales adds. dont you think advertising is ruining the boards already. Plenty of other sites doing that.

John

John Report 4 Mar 2004 06:49

Maybe "Givaways" is more in the GC spirit...probably a thread rather than a board to test it.