General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

charity prizes....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 4 Mar 2004 21:12

i know its nothing to do with gc but we have a friend who's got cancer im putting a charity night on for him in april but because ive done a few charitys already all my resourses for prizes have dried up if anyone has any ideas where i could get some donations i'd be greatfull thanking you tinaxxx

Lindy

Lindy Report 4 Mar 2004 21:27

Hi Tina, Hubby is a music buff "anything and everything" He has a C:D: recorder. I could ask him to make a couple of copies of original music that he has. You could raffle it, that is of course if it is legal to do so. Advise anyone?, is it legal to do so? Lindy:-))

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 4 Mar 2004 21:30

hi lindy not sure about that were all singers we can sell our own cd's,not to sure about copyright laws thankyou for the offer xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Mar 2004 21:53

Tina - how about the main raffle prize of someone to do the winners garden or windows or odd jobs? bit like the good old slave auctions

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 4 Mar 2004 22:01

she i sold 2 slaves at the last charity it was a right laugh and raised £150 between them,trouble was only one did the jobs they were payed for.think i will try that again though thanks xx

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 4 Mar 2004 22:24

Hiya Tina - have you thought about contacting a local Limousine Hire Company and asking them to donate a trip in a limousine as a prize? We often get approached where I work and donate a trip in a stretched limousine (which will seat 6 passengers) for a round trip of about 30 miles max. - sometimes this takes the form of collecting and delivery people to a theatre, or restaurant and returning them home after the event, or perhaps a day at the races (depending on where you live of course). It shouldnt cost the limo hire co. much as they will put their own conditions on the "hire" and they will gain a lot of publicity. It's just a thought - all the best with your efforts. Jacqui

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Mar 2004 22:54

Tina - theres a chap down stanley ferry way that does the stretch limos - hes good from what i heard.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 5 Mar 2004 09:33

thanks she,elaine and jacqui, youve given me some good ideas there i'll do some ringing round over the weekend. tinaxxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 5 Mar 2004 14:02

Write to all the large companies like Mars and Rowntrees as they usually will post you a goodie bag. Also try the Division 1 Football teams as they will send you signed stuff so you can auction things..... I managed to get £200 for a Chelsea Shirt, £100 for a West Ham Shirt and an and £75 for an Arsenal Banner. Really does go down well around Setember/October as people buy them for Xmas pressies'

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Mar 2004 14:21

Tina - coca-cola in wakey and haribo in ponty give freebies for things like this too. Castleford and Bradford teams do as well - have you tried Barnsley FC - oh and Redcats - they are brilliant - lightwaves the leisure pool and a couple of the restaurants too. Check with asda - the guys who collect every year - the big burly bikers - they go out of their way - brilliant guys (can you tell I am on the local centres committee? lol)

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 5 Mar 2004 16:41

Tine - another thought, although you have probably already thought of it - how about when you get a list of prizes you hold a "Charity auction" - that way whoever wants the "lot" the most can bid the highest - a bit like E-bay but with an auctioneer (or better still a comedian hosting the proceedings) There must be a local entertainer who would be glad to donate his/her services for an evening (it's all good publicity for them after all). Just another thought! Jacqui

T J

T J Report 5 Mar 2004 18:48

Tina Try your local garden centre - they are ususally happy to help!!!!!

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 5 Mar 2004 19:46

thanks for all your suggestions emails and letters ect have gone today so hopefully on the night we'll have a few good prizes. thanks again everyone tina xxxxx