General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suffolk PIPE's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 6 Mar 2004 15:11

Hi I have only just subscribed to GC and wondered if anyone else is researching the PIPE's in Suffolk, particularly around the Mettingham, Beccles, Barsham, Ilketshall area? Here's hoping :-) Derek

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 6 Mar 2004 15:25

Hello Derek No not me, but welcome to the general chat board where you will find lots of very friendly and helpful members, and quite a lot of fun too. Norah in Hampshire

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 6 Mar 2004 20:42

Derek - there are lots of Pipes on Family Search. I have a Margaret Pipe married to Samuel Clouten 1786 Rendlesham but apart from some children that is all i know about them. Sue PS I've just put Pipe in the seach box and there are 433 assorted names on GC - have a trawl...

Derek

Derek Report 7 Mar 2004 09:17

Thanx for the welcome Norah in Hampshire :-) And tnx to Sue too......... for looking on the GC for me. I had looked around but thought it might be nice to meet up with others on the same trail :-) Derek in the Garden of England ....... Kent :-)

Derek

Derek Report 7 Mar 2004 09:19

I gorgot to say Sue ...... i also emailed a couple of people researching the Pipe name but NO replies as yet ! :-( Derek

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 7 Mar 2004 10:44

Hi Derek, Have you tried www.british-genealogy.com If you click onto mailing lists, then English counties, it shows Suffolk as having it's own list. You register (all free) and away you go. Happy hunting Norah