General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why is it that all the best laid plans...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 7 Mar 2004 14:27

.......go out the window. I Wanted to go to the Brentwood family history fair today,but have been up all night feeling really rough..cough, headache,lost my voice, runny eyes and nose, temprature.....its just not fair....maybe better luck next time Lynn

Bob

Bob Report 7 Mar 2004 14:31

Sounds like a virus to me Lynn. Politically Correct Virus: Never calls itself a "virus," but instead refers to itself as an "electronic microorganism." Bureaucrat Virus: Divides your hard disk into hundreds of little units, each of which does practically nothing, but all of which claim to be the most important part of your computer. Freudian Virus: Your computer becomes obsessed with marrying its own motherboard. Elvis Virus: Your computer gets fat, slow and lazy, then self-destructs -- only to resurface at shopping malls and service stations across rural America. Tony Blair Virus: It starts by boldly stating, "Read my docs ... no new files!" on the screen then proceeds to fill up all the free space on your hard drive with new files, and blaming it on the Parliament Virus. LAPD Virus: It claims it feels threatened by the other files on your PC and erases them in "self-defense." O.J. Virus: It claims that it did not, could not and would not delete two of your files and vows to find the virus that did it. Adam & Eve Virus: Takes a couple bytes out of your Apple. Yugoslavia Virus: Almost immediately fragments into several autonomous parts. Then it violently tries to reassemble itself for the next 150 years. Arnold Schwarzenegger Virus: Terminates and stays resident. It'll be back.

Lynn

Lynn Report 7 Mar 2004 14:35

Mine is ...I didn't want to have a weekend off Virus....Work all week like a trogan...Beagle cant be walked, has to use the back door....but at least its me that got it and not my computer.... LOL (even if I sound croaky) Lynn

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 Mar 2004 16:25

Lynn It sounds just like what my youngest has got - except hers was accompanied by some mysterious spots. Hope you're feeling better soon. Jeanette