General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Especially for Viv & all other connoisseurs of Eng

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 7 Mar 2004 17:05

See below

Sue

Sue Report 7 Mar 2004 17:06

Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine. A backward poet writes inverse. A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking. Dijon vu - the same mustard as before. Practice safe eating - always use condiments. Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death. A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy. A hangover is the wrath of grapes. Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play. Does the name Pavlov ring a bell? Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion. Reading while sunbathing without sunscreen makes you... well red.   When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I. A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two tired. What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead giveaway.) Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana. In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes. She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.   A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion. If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed. With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress. When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds. The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.   You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it. Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under. He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key. Every calendar's days are numbered. A lot of money is tainted - It taint yours and it taint mine. A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat. A plateau is a high form of flattery. A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.   Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.   Once you've seen one shopping centre, you've seen a mall. FBI Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis. Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses. Acupuncture is a jab well done. He had a photographic memory that was never developed.   Sue

Julie,

Julie, Report 7 Mar 2004 19:00

Thoroughly enjoyable - wish I could contribute but I have had too much grape and wine to whine and gripe!

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 8 Mar 2004 06:44

Nice one Sue. Absolutely brilliant.

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 8 Mar 2004 06:47

Thats very good Sue, I reckon Viv will love it. Bill

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 8 Mar 2004 09:38

Lovely!! Have printed that to show my colleagues at the library who will love it! Maz. XX