General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thank you so much my wonderful friends on GC :-)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 9 Mar 2004 08:53

I should of put this message on weeks ago but I just want to say a big big big thank you to all the friends I have made on this site, I won't put all your names because there have been so many of you giving me advice and support and sending me emails of encouragement, through the bad times I have had over the last few months, I'll never ever know how to repay any of you back, but your wisdom and personal experiences have made me realise that the only priority I should have in my life is me and that I should grab life with both hands. I just hope that if any of you need help I can be there for any of you in the future. Now maybe I can start delving it to my past and start finding out about my ancestors its taken me long enough to get going lol lots of love and big hugs Alaina xxxxxxxxxx :-)

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 9 Mar 2004 09:12

hi alaina, ive got to agree with you ive met some fantastic people on here, without their help i would never of found my family,their encouragement is great,when your feeling down there's always someone to cheer you up. take care tina xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Mar 2004 09:20

Alaina - my little munchkin - together we will demolish any brick walls you have Auntie She xx

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 9 Mar 2004 10:04

alaina im so glad you are getting over your past(you know wat i mean)lol youve really been through the mill lately hun and you deserve a fresh start:):) love and hugs susie

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 9 Mar 2004 12:01

Hello Alana, I would also like to thank everyone on the GE site, can't name anyone because everyone has been so helpful to me also. I am finding things very hard also I was adopted & had a wonderful life with my Adopted Parents, both deceased now but I keep thinking of all the family I should have had & I never got to meet my Mother she had passed away & I am trying to find my Fathers family but that is very hard as I don't know to much about him he made have not even known about me. I have made so many friends on here, a big thanks to everyone. Rita (Western Australia)

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Mar 2004 12:52

Alaina, I don't know about your troubles, but I'm pleased you're getting through them.. with a little help from your friends. The media knock online communities so much, you hear so many scare stories about "chat rooms" etc, but I know from experience that you can make great friends, and they can be a great support in times of trouble.. I wouldn't have got through the last year without my online friends. I wish you well, and good luck in your research too !!! Paul

Trish

Trish Report 9 Mar 2004 18:36

Hi Alaina, so glad your life is back on track. You can now look forward to the rest of your life, may it be happy and joyful.

Lynda

Lynda Report 9 Mar 2004 18:55

Dear Alaina I hope that you will put your unhappy times behind you and look to the future, remember this "It won't always be dark at 7!!" I wish you a happy and bright future. I have enjoyed talking to you on chats, long may it continue!! Lynda

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 9 Mar 2004 19:44

Alaina Just glad your life is back on track.I have never been on chat board before Gc and now I feel I have made a lot of new and interesting and very helpful friends long may it continue. Back this side of the hill and on home turf now. Hugggs Jan xxx

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 10 Mar 2004 12:19

Thank you guys, I just want to show my appriciation to all of you, you mean the world to me and maybe one day we can all meet up, that would make our friendships complete then Alaina xxx

Christine

Christine Report 10 Mar 2004 13:59

if you love yourself then nobody else will be able to resist!! christineXXX