General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where to from here ? Help needed,``Please``

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 10 Mar 2004 22:29

Keeping it short,my nans father,on the 1901 census,was Robert King. On my nans marriage cert.,he is down as William John King. Who do I believe ?,and what/where do I go from here ?

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 11 Mar 2004 07:14

Hi, The next step (for me) would be to try to get your Nan's birth certificate to see what it says there. Gwynne

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 11 Mar 2004 20:14

Gwyneth, Thanks for that,I think I can get hold of it from my aunt. Barry.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 11 Mar 2004 21:02

Will, Thanks for that,I suppose that`s a possibilty. I think some more research is called for. Baz

June

June Report 12 Mar 2004 08:36

Hiya Tonka Baz It could be that He worked somewhere and there was someone else with the same name, so that he assumed another christian name and it stuck, I think the best thing is to look at the birth certificate, then of course its quite interesting to follow through life to see at which point he changed his name

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 12 Mar 2004 22:20

Daphne, June, Thanks for that,It gives another perspective to the problem. Barry.