General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nuneaton Registry office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 17 Mar 2004 13:44

I've just found out today that Nuneaton registry office is going online hopefully next month. It will have alot of local records for the surrounding area including foleshill, coventry. Its going to work the way the 1901 does. free search but will cost you to view info. i think it is the first local registry office to go online! just hope i'm not gonna be left with 25p on me voucher!

Bernadette

Bernadette Report 17 Mar 2004 16:51

Hi Darren, How did you find out about the registry office? I am under the impression that it will just be an index to make certificates easier to trace Bee

Darren white

Darren white Report 17 Mar 2004 18:04

My 2nd cousin has been transcribing for them for some time now and told me today that they hope to be online sometime next month.

Darren white

Darren white Report 24 Mar 2004 21:09

I'm not sure when it is coming online or what the web address will be. As soon as I know I'll post it on here. I can't wait either. my Cousin say that they have learnt from the mistakes that 1901 made. Darren(Nuneaton) (still really hard at work)