General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scottish 1881 census, Scotland's People Website..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 17 Mar 2004 16:58

I was looking for the 1881 census, on Scotland's People, and it appears it will be loaded soon. But.......looking back on my viewed images from August 03, I appear to have accessed it then, also printed it off. Am I going mad, it isn't there now is it!? and if not, does anyone know why they removed it? Thanks Lynda

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Mar 2004 17:05

its st patricks day today - maybe that explains things lol contact me if you need any info from the 1881 scottish census

Lynda

Lynda Report 17 Mar 2004 17:50

Hi She Thanks a lot for the offer. I thought it may have been the little people too. lol I have been right through my papers and I have found the home page I printed off with one of my results on a birth search, and under other searches available it says 1881 census. I have one of my familes on what I know is the 1891, and the other census I downloaded has all the same family bar one all 10 years younger. I've also got some census pages I downloaded when it was originally under Scots Origins, and they definately say 1881. Can it all be but a dream or a premonition of the future. Maybe I'm in the past and my rellies are living in the here and now!! Confused Lynda

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Mar 2004 21:43

Hi Linda, As far as I am aware, the 1881 is available on SP but only the transcribed version. What they are planning to add is the actual images of the 1881. Don't worry, you're not going mad! Regards Margaret

Lynda

Lynda Report 18 Mar 2004 13:27

Thanks for that margaret! Now I understand. Won't need to start taking the pills now!!!! Lynda